How to assign AUX14 to DI9 input?

Dynodom

Hi

I have set up an AUX14 output which will switch a relay above 1500 rpm or >throttle.

Now, I want to be able to turn this function off and on by the use of a toggle switch
which is hooked up to DI9.

I have tried to find the solution but I am stuck. Please advise.

Thank you

Sorry I missed the bit about throttle.

So Aux 14 can only consider 2 conditions, I've used a virtual aux to wrap up your RPM and TPS requirement (change that 50% to whatever you need).

If the RPM and TPS condition is met, and the DI 9 switch is in the on position, then the function will work, if you switch the DI 9 switch to off, it will turn off the function, or stop it from occurring.

image.png

Hello Dave

Thank you so much for your support which was very helpful indeed. I understand the principle now much better.
I have the supercharger armed (AND DISABLED) with DI9 input, The clutch operates ABOVE 1500RPM or 25% Throttle pos :-)

Now as a last question, would it be possible to prohibit DI9 input (activation of supercharger) if the switch was in the off position and accidentally switched ON above 5000 rpm?

The purpose is safety related. If the supercharger kicks in above 5000 when the driver is not really prepared for it to happen, it could cause the car lose traction ..especially in the wet and or in a curve.

What do you think ?

image.thumb.png.a63a6ef1f529a27828ca235b710d7bdd.png

22 minutes ago, Dynodom said:

Now as a last question, would it be possible to prohibit DI9 input (activation of supercharger) if the switch was in the off position and accidentally switched ON above 5000 rpm?

I have scratched my head a bit but I cant come up with any way to implement the logic you want here sorry.  I thought we might be able to use a timer that resets at 5000RPM, and that kind of works but the max time we can run a timer for is 60seconds so that would mean your SC could only ever run for 60seconds continuous. 

Maybe someone with a more creative mind than me will come up with something.