Wiring Earths on MX5 PNP

Furai

I am adding in a few wires for my Coil on plug, VVT and Crank(Hall effect) and Cam sensors.

Im just wondering what grounds can I use on the ECU? The expansion connector has sensor ground and the sensor voltage supply which I will use for the Crank and cam sensors but I am wondering if that is too many sensors if I had them all on one ground. I couldnt see an extra ground in the Link PNP ECUs pin out in the instructions.

Also how is best to shield the crank and cam sensor? I havent been able to find any slip on shielding but have found foil tape? 

The sensors and shield can all be grounded to one sensor ground on the expansion harness.  The coils will need a high current power ground so they should be grounded direct to the cylinder head or block.

For the trigger you would be better to buy proper shielded wire - I wouldnt trust just sleeving or foil over two/three regular wires.  It shouldnt be difficult to find.

On 4/29/2018 at 11:05 PM, Euen Burke said:

Furai,  if you still have my number give me a call. I may be able to help.

Hey Euen, Long time! Sorry Ive changed phone since then and dont have your number.

I have bought some 3 core shielded cable but Im guessing I will have to solder the wires together from the Cam and Crank sensors as theres only one sensor ground I can use