Question

PeteR34

Hi.

Vehicle:  Skyline GTR R34 2001
ECU: GTRLINK - #NGTR+, Using the on-board MAP sensor.

I'm trying to wrap my head around a couple of  things and can't seem to come to a conclusion after searching here on the forums:

Fuel pump:
I'm thinking of changing out the stock fuel pump with 2x AEM in-tank fuel pumps. However when I look over the stock circuit/setup
I can see that it won't support the current draw that 2 fuel pumps will demand.

Other mounting a separate relay's and controlling it with Ignition, is that a hack out there that will allow me to use the FPCM circuit?

WG Solenoid :
Upgrading the BCS with this unit from NZEFI and using the built-in boost controller: http://www.nzefi.com/product/high-flow-boost-control-solenoid/

Just checking as I can't find to much about this in the manual but I'm thinking that the ECU is hardcoded to use the BCS stock outputs without any more setup?

Question to Chapter 6.3
I'm using the built-in MAP that is factory calibrated.  I'm thinking I can then skip this step?

Question to Chapter 6.7 in the manual:
Since I'm using the GTRLINK - #NGTR+ ECU, I'm thinking that this chapter only applies to whatever I've connected to the expasion loom?

Thanks for any help! :)

Pete

GTR fuel pump control.pdf

Fuel pump diagram.jpg

Fuel Pump: You don't want to run the FPCM, the goto mod is to cut the brown wire that goes to the FPCM from the fuel pump and bolt it to a good earth point. The FPCM only adds a resistor into the circuit at low speed but the unit itself adds some resistance to the circuit. To run 2 pumps you will need to run 2 new relay circuits with new thick gauge wiring from the battery, goto help and wiring for the circuit, I would suggest using 2 Aux Outs and switching the second one on above atmospheric pressure only.

WG Solenoid You can connect a MAC type valve to the original wiring and its already set up on the Link ECU side, the Link Boost Valve might be slightly cheaper and is the same type of valve.

MAP Sensor: Yes its set for the Link 4 Bar Calibration no need to test, just check the pressure is correct with the engine stalled circa 100kpa MAP should = BAP.

What is section 6.7 is as I don't have a copy of the manual.

Thanks for the answers and feedback.

Follow up on the Fuel-pump:
Is the grounding of Brown wire there for make sure that there is not current creep for the FPCM?  From you feedback I'm doing the following (see my execllent Paint skills below)
Pretty much bypassing the whole FPCM so this will make the circuit disabled even if I don't ground the Brown wire?

About chapter 6.7 I've attached a screen print from the manual here.  I do see that parallell to general outputs (like testing the fuelpump and WG solenoid for correct operation so
let I'll use it as a reminder in the pre-check phase.

Chapter 6.7.pdf

Fuel revised.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Clint,

Thanks for the help, got everything wired up and double checked.
Task for tonight would be to get the ECU started in "base map" + testing before sending it of to a tuner for propper setup.

So hopefully for the last "noob" question:

Other than checking the firmware revision and update this to latest version, do I need to load the base map when I bought GTRLINK - #NGTR+ or is it pre-loaded from you?
If so, I feel that this is a step I can skip :)

If I need to load the base map would this be "Nissan GTS-GTR G4+ Extreme Plugin"?  I'm thinking this is for a different ECU family tho..

12 hours ago, PeteR34 said:

Task for tonight would be to get the ECU started in "base map" + testing before sending it of to a tuner for propper setup.

Also read the "known problems" section of the manual.  For the R34 you normally need to rewire the air-con relay to allow the ECU to power down.