trigger input issues with crank

chasekirkland

random question but after searching im at a loss.  I see that the i44 has a can bus built in but what about the v44? i seen something about the later ones do but not sure about the one i have. Long story short can i get the V44 i have to control the audi/vw awd haldex? 

chase 

Serial numbers 10000 and on supported CAN. Early serial number units are able to be upgraded. The catch is that on the wire in units the TT can stream is not an option to be selected so no easy way to get the required data out.

ok. After some searching i see that i can actually just wire in the haldex using AUX 5,6,7,8 and setup a table to control the output.

If i wanted the CAN option added for a AIM dash ect. whats the cost and down time? id probably ship it out in the winter here while the rabbit is sleeping.

• 4 weeks later...

ok So ive found other issues. After setting up everything and getting the base timing setup i can get the car to fire up and idle pretty well. ive check the timing again an made a few adjustments. ECT and MAP are all reading correct and the wideband is reading 14-15 ish. Here is the problem and its probably something stupid that im over looking. The engine starts and runs, idle is high (1600 rpms ish) it will run fine and sound really good for about 20-30 seconds and then drop out like the key was shut off. when its at 80*c it sometimes will hunt a little but still stall out. Ive looked over all the fuel settings and i dont think is a cold start map switching issue? what am i missing?  

Thanks  

Here is a sample I got this morning. I tired even turning off the CLL to see if it was timing out and trying to correct something and causing it do die. Please feel free to make any adjustments to the base map I have setup. Im really just trying to get this thing somewhat driving to let the turner get it dialed in.

stalling.llg

Rabbit 16v turbo.pcl

little info on the car

vw 2.0 16 valve, dist cap and rotor, single coil, id 1000's, single webber throttle body with idle screw (air bypass), 5 bar holley map sensor, bosch ect, 3 bar fuel pressure, small turbo with awic. map and tps  calibrated many times. triggers are internal crank wheel 60-2 with single window on dist.

thanks 

The engine is stalling due to the GP limit 1 going active. It has a 60s lock out on it so only goes active after 60 seconds of running.

The table is all 0 so once active a 100% cut is in place to stop the engine.