IAT FUEL CORRECTION

augusto

This table is working with the values exchanged if the temperature of the air rises and places in the table negative values should reduce the injected fuel, however it happens to the contrary increases the amount of fuel and it inrequece the mixture.
This should not occur, the second explanation in the help, and in the table that if attached to the ECU plugin unit for the EVO 9 G4 Xtreme Plugin.
 This function allows fueling correction to compensate for changes in inlet air temperature. Because hotter air is less dense, the air temperature increases there will be less oxygen available to burn in the combustion chambers. Without IAT correction an engine will run richer on a hotter day and leaner on a cooler day. While this is desirable to some extent, the change is typically more than what is required.
Is there any explanation for this event?
Thank you, excuse my English.
Augusto.

In our Evo9 base map the IAT table is already enabled and it has the values below.  This looks quite normal to me, zero correction at 20°C, remove fuel at higher temps, add fuel at lower temps.

wtrbuwO.png

• 1 month later...

Hello

Look at my table iat fuel trim table, the values are exchanged where divia decreases I am increasing the value and where divia diminish I am increasing.
I did not know what to do. I started to change all the fuel main parameters until I decided to turn the charger temperature correction function on because it was off. After turning it off everything went back to normal and had to undo the iat table as the correct values. Positive signal at low temperatuta and negative signal at higher temperatures.
I WOULD LIKE TO FIND THE PROBLEM EVERYONE WILL KNOW ABOUT THE SOLUTION OF THE SAME.
AND NOT LIKE READING AND NO NEVER SPEAK NO SOLUTION OF MORE COMPLICATED PROBLEMS LIKE THAT WHICH I PASSED.
I'LL ASK THE LOG AND PCL AND IT SEEMS THAT NOBODY HAS SEEN OR GIVEN ANY INFORMATION FOR THIS PROBLEM
FROM THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND EXCUSE MY POOR ENGLISH.
AUGUSTO

IAT TEMPERATUR  X TPS 

-20 -10  0    10     20   30  40   50    60    70
-8.5    -5    -3    -2    -1.5    0    0    2.5    3.5    4

Hi Augusto,

Unfortunately your question is not clear in English, I do not fully understand.  Also the .pclr that you attached earlier is password protected so nobody can view it.

Since air is denser at lower temperatures you need to add fuel (more oxygen going into engine means you need more fuel).  At higher temperatures, remove fuel.  A normal IAT trim table will look similar to below:

AaSENQl.png

Adamw
On August 1st I'll be back at my company and send the pcl without a password, I forgot about that detail.
The table that you have posted is correct, but mine is the opposite.
It just stayed like yours after I turned the charger temperature correction function on and off off and on.

password -2020
Thanks again.
Augusto.