knocklink light g4

Ahmed.T

Hi,

I just bought knocklink light g4  with knock sensor & loom full kit and i would like to know some location of the senor to be installed to make sure it is deduct noise.

first of all i can't install it next to the stock knock sensor as it needs to move some parts like drive shaft from down the car or the intake manifold.

so i found 2 places  the first one is on the caver of the engine valve at right side and the lift side , 2nd above the headers around 1cm there is a hole  ( under the join of the block with the head )

but im afraid that the heat of the header might damage the sensor 

It's suzuki 4cly engine 

Also is there is a tips how to test if there is knock or no with stock ecu 

Hello Ahmed

Above the headers seems no good place to me, because there's a good chance that temperatures wil get to high, and wiring or knock sensor itself is gonna melt, imho.

My experience is, that the best placement of the sensor is on the intake side, as close as possible to the center of the block.

I have also heard of some guys stacking two knock sensors on top of each other with a long bolt/stud through both.  I have never tested it personally but assuming you have nice flat parallel coupling surfaces on top and bottom I would expect it to work ok.

• 3 months later...

Hi gain,

I installed it next to oem knock sensor which is the prefect place for it.

it work fine and it flash if the coolant temp is high toward the H side also it detect some knock which is good.

but sometime it flash while im rolling at wot and if i do another test it does not flash again without changing anything.and that confusing me.

what i usually do i do retard the timing a bit and i do another test and then i advance it to see if still knocking or that was just a flash.

it happened from time to time but not alot maybe once every 2 days.

The question is what might be the issue or what can cause that ?

Also how can i knew if the flash was because of the sensor detect a knock ?