jetape

How critical is to have injector short pulse width data?

I'm working with Bosch EV14 (0280158040) injectors but don't have the short pulse width data for them.

Can I still get a good low rpm tune going without this data?

Thanks

Copy all the injector data from the base map "G4+ Xtreme Black Sample.pclr".  This map is from one of our test cars that uses those injectors and we have tested them in-house.  

4 hours ago, jetape said:

Can I still get a good low rpm tune going without this data?

For an engine size of say more than about 500cc/cylinder with 1000cc injectors I would say it is not so critical as the idle pulsewidth is usually still in their linear region.  It gets more important with larger injectors or smaller engine capacity from here.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Copy all the injector data from the base map "G4+ Xtreme Black Sample.pclr".  This map is from one of our test cars that uses those injectors and we have tested them in-house.  

For an engine size of say more than about 500cc/cylinder with 1000cc injectors I would say it is not so critical as the idle pulsewidth is usually still in their linear region.  It gets more important with larger injectors or smaller engine capacity from here.

Great info!

I'm working on a 1.5L jetski engine which idles at 1700rpm so I wonder if it even gets that low in pulse width.