350z e throttle

andybp

I've got a 350z g4+ plugin and have been trying to get my itb setup to work with the electronic throttle but the 6 springs in the setup are too strong and the throttle motor keeps overloading
I cant reduce the spring tension as it messes my idle up if I go to a cable throttle setup as opposed to the drive by wire how do I wire up an idle air valve to control idle speed for cold start and engine load conditions air con etc
or am i better off using ignition idle control any help/advice appreciated

20 hours ago, andybp said:

I cant reduce the spring tension as it messes my idle

Did you re-tune the PID after removing those springs?  I wouldnt have expected the lack of springs preventing you from gaining decent control unless there was some issue with mechanical backlash etc?

20 hours ago, andybp said:

if I go to a cable throttle setup as opposed to the drive by wire how do I wire up an idle air valve to control idle speed for cold start and engine load conditions air con etc

I suggest a 2 wire solenoid type.  The common Bosch 2 wire ones would be worth looking at as they flow plenty and are easy to plumb.  One wire goes to a switched 12V supply the other side goes to any spare aux 1-8.  If you remove E-throttle then you could use Aux 4 which originally drives the throttle motor.  Otherwise Aux 5 or 6 are only used for the original narrowband oxy sensor heaters so they arent really needed.  If your car only has the 2 VVT cams then you will also have Aux 3 & 5 free.

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

Did you re-tune the PID after removing those springs?  I wouldnt have expected the lack of springs preventing you from gaining decent control unless there was some issue with mechanical backlash etc?

I suggest a 2 wire solenoid type.  The common Bosch 2 wire ones would be worth looking at as they flow plenty and are easy to plumb.  One wire goes to a switched 12V supply the other side goes to any spare aux 1-8.  If you remove E-throttle then you could use Aux 4 which originally drives the throttle motor.  Otherwise Aux 5 or 6 are only used for the original narrowband oxy sensor heaters so they arent really needed.  If your car only has the 2 VVT cams then you will also have Aux 3 & 5 free.

the issue with the springs is due to poor quality obx throttle bodies

got the isc solenoid worked out thx going to use aux 5 or 8 if i can find them my car has the four o2 sensors 2 front wideband and I already use analog 10 and 11 from the front right sensor for my 2 wideband sensors