Disable "Engine Fan" functionality

Confused

Hi,

My Mitsubishi 6A13TT engine has a PWM controlled fan, and I have a chargecooler fitted, so am always wanting *some* airflow over the radiators.

I have no output set up as Engine Fan, and have set up a GP PWM output to satisfy the fan speeds based upon road speed and coolant temperature, based upon the OEM ECU's control of the fan, but changing the top left cell to always give me airflow, even if not up to temperature:

image.png.3d5b0e59bc069f5e4f81aa4412c8c150.png

(The values are inverted, as the fan controller is pulled to ground to activate, 0% duty here is full speed on the fan)

However - I am still getting effects of the "Engine Fan" functionality internally - the one I noticed was the additional Idle Speed Step (which, when originally driving a stepper motor was an extra 10 steps, then when I installed E-Throttle an extra 10%!).

I have of course now modified the Idle Speed steps, but I'm wondering if there's any other places I've not found yet that the default Engine Fan functionality may affect.

Thanks!

Garry

Are there any aux outputs still assigned to "engine fan" (check ignition and fuel auxes also)?  If you attach a copy of your tune file I can run it on the bench here to test.  As far as I know, provided there are no auxes assigned the engine fan 1/2/3, then that fan idle step shouldnt have an effect.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for prompt reply!

No outputs currently set up as Engine Fan (although I have configured and ran this with an Engine Fan output set up previously, in case that's relevant, maybe something lingering somewhere that's not being unset)

Attached is my tune.

Anglia 2017-05-21 08-33 Fan speeds corrected.pclr

Cheers!

Thanks,

I can reproduce this and am seeing the same as you.  Even though there are no auxiliaries assigned to fan the ISC still observes the fan enable settings in the aux menu.  Im not sure if that is a bug or it was designed that way but I will pass it on to engineering to take a look.  In the meantime you can adjust the fan temperatures to 150°C to prevent that parameter ever becoming active under normal operating conditions. 

47 minutes ago, Confused said:

but I'm wondering if there's any other places I've not found yet that the default Engine Fan functionality may affect.

To answer your question, the only place the "Fan" parameter is used would be the idle speed control, fan step and possibly the AC Clutch control when in advanced "full" mode.  

Hi Adam,

Thanks, glad it's not just me going mad! :) I'll tweak the temps for fan control in the meantime, as you suggest.

Just had a look through a log, and one to add to the list, Fuel -> Fuel Corrections -> Idle Load Trims also has a Fan trim which appears to be applied too. Not got AC so hopefully all of that stuff is disabled :)