E-throttle position sensor set up problems

paulfredric

Hi Guys.  I have a prototype engine of my own design and I'm using the E-throttle from a Subaru WRX.  The throttle plate slams open and shut ok, but I cannot seem to calibrate the TPS.  On runtime the TPS main shows 3.13V and the sub reads 2.99V.  When I try to calibrate the error code 5 (movement zero) comes up because the throttle plate doesn't move. When I turn on the ignition the throttle opens wide to 100%.

Any thoughts please?

paul file3.pclr

Edited by paulfredric
PCLink file added

remove power from the DBW motor and manually move the blade to see if the input signals are making sense going from closed to open.

Sounds like it's just wired wrong.

Do not attempt this if the blade motor has power....just in case you lose a finger.

Many thanks Steve.   I did in fact have the +5V and  TP sub crossed.....whoops!   Now the throttle plate moves but I still can't calibrate the TPS's.  Error signal 4 shows TP main only registers 89% throttle with the plate wide open and TP sub is similar.

You can try a manual calibration.  Set E-throttle mode to "Off".  Manually push the throttle blade closed then open up the runtimes screen and note down the closed voltages for TP sub and main.  Now push the blade to fully open and note down the 2 open voltages.  You can then set E-throttle mode back to "On- Setup Mode" and manually type in those voltages.

Let us know what happens once that is done.

The next step is to do a short PC Log which might give us some clues what the problem is.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1LRANeO4A  About 10 seconds with a few pedal movements will do.

Note if you have problems logging in on the forum, make sure you use your username, rather than your email.  Logging in with email seems to be flaky for some users.

The log shows the ECU is sending 90%DC to the motor but the throttle is closed solid.  I assume you can hear the motor whining?  If so, this might suggest your motor +/- is reversed.

Also watch out for your idle base position table - it is adding 30% to the target at present.  This is not part of your problem, just wanted to remind you to change it before you try starting.  1-4 % would be more typical in this table.