TPS Signal for AT Controller

Drexal

Hi Fella's,

As the title states I'm wondering if there is a way to configure a TPS output for the Transmission Controller to see. I'm running the Link G4+ Thunder stand-alone with a R34 Skyline Transmission controller. The only option I can see at this stage is piggybacking onto the TPS / APS output but I don't really like this with the engine running E-Throttle.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Sharing the signal doesnt work on the Skylines as the attessa system loads up the circuit too much and effects the TPS reading.  On our plug-in ECU's we have a simple "opamp" circuit on board to do this.  I will PM you a schematic of this if you are capable with electronics and want to do it yourself.  

There are no "analog outputs" on the thunder so you cant do it directly.  You could use a PWM aux output with an RC filter to convert it into an analog voltage but it will be a bit of dicking around to get the calibration right.

Otherwise you could go for the ready-made option from my mates over here:  https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-038001-nissan-attesa-4wd-tps-adaptor/

This is actually for a Y34 Nissan Gloria, I'm using the Skyline AT ECU as it allows me to have Tiptronic control over the Re4r03b gearbox. Was a little bit of an oversight on my part that I didn't take account that the factory ECU was feeding the Trans ECU the TPS Signal. I assume it's still too much to share the TPS signal? I spliced it in early tonight and was receiving TPS main / Sub errors.

17 hours ago, Drexal said:

I assume it's still too much to share the TPS signal? I spliced it in early tonight and was receiving TPS main / Sub errors.

Unknown really, but if your displayed TP value in PC Link changes when you connect your trans controller it suggests the controller has relatively low impedance and is influencing the signal. 

• 4 years later...

A bit of thread resurrection - I have a Thunder controlling my Bosch electronic throttle, but the main tps is also tapped by my Spitronics transmission controller and I keep seeing the main/sub errors as above. 

I have calibrated this out slightly but I’m wondering if I can output TPS in any way? any details on the op amp? 

Get a MCP601 in DIP format - it will have a part number MCP601-I/P or -E/P.  Probably RS components will have them in small qty's.  You can solder it to a bit of strip board or just solder the wires direct to the pins.  

Pin 7 is the 5V supply (grab from TPS).

Pin 4 connect to sensor ground (again TPS).

Pin 3 is the TPS signal from the throttle body.

Short pin 2 & 6 together and connect a wire to the short, this is your buffered TPS signal output to the AT controller.