G4+ Fury won't connect to PC

mjb214

I cannot get my Links ECU to connect to the Link app on my computer.  It finds the com port when I have it on the plug with the red gasket but doesn't appear to find it with the other port (on the ECU).  I have tried reinstalling the software several times and also uninstalling the port through device manager.

Any other things I can look at?  The green light does not come on when I plug it into my PC, I have not finished my car wiring to test it there yet.

Thanks for the help.

Application is 2GR-FE turbo in a 92 MR2.

you cant connect to the ecu until its powered up by the car. 

If you want to do it ahead of time, and you havent completed your wiring harness, you can connect just the 12v and gnd wires to a car battery to power it up so the laptop will connect

4 hours ago, mjb214 said:

It finds the com port when I have it on the plug with the red gasket but doesn't appear to find it with the other port (on the ECU). 

The bottom round port is RS232 and CAN only.  The correct port for USB connection is the one with the Red o-ring.  

As per CJ's advice though, the ECU will need to be powered up.

Ahhh.  Ok thanks.  next weekend I'll be finishing the grounds and last few wires and then wrapping up a few other things either the week or two weeks after.  Then I will be able to plug it in.

Thanks again.