Gregd

'92 LS1 timing jumping

Hi there, I'm trying to get the timing right on this engine. The engine is from a '92 Corvette, ( now with a 55 Chev body on top.) It has a dissy with a high and low resolution outputs from it. Single coil and grouped injectors.

Any ideas on the correct settings for this engine?

Have tried Falling and Rising edge settings.  And the different the different tooth settings. Still jumping all over the place.

Looking for help on this matter to get it sorted.

Thanks, Greg.

Hi Greg,

An LS1 with a distributor is a new one on me...  If you have one of our ECU's with a built-in triggerscope can you please do a triggerscope and attach it here.  Here is a quick video how to do that:  https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPmieMTkwQDCXEb2LY

If you have one of our ECU's that dont have a scope (Atom or Monsoon), then a good place to start would be to give us a couple of photos of the inside of the distributor so we can see the sensors/toothed wheels.

I just googled Optispark, I had never heard of it.

I expect it would work if you choose Nissan 360 Opto trigger mode and then run the "Test ECCS Sync" test.

19 hours ago, Brad Burnett said:

There is a ton of information right at everyones finger tips...….

From the help file

LOL, so it is.  At least my guess was right...

The owner of the car is positive that he brought a corvette with a LS1 in it from the states as a doner car. Just did some research on the vin number. And it's looking like a LT1. He wanted a 300 plus hp motor but looks like he got the basic 300 when it was new. Will swap the ecu to the LT1 settings and see what happens. I'm stii learning about these wonderful engines.