Adamw

Introducing RealDash - A Dashboard App for Android & Windows

Hi I’m encountering a weird issue where the speed and the gear is out of wack. It shows 400km when I’m doing like 10..

followed the instructions in the first post to the T. Currently plugged in directly via usb via the pclink tuning cable to an android headunit.

Continuous 15hz

38400baud 

Long stream data

i did the gear ratios to match. And wheel size too

Any ideas?

On 10/29/2018 at 6:05 AM, Booston said:

RealDash crashes as soon as USB port 3 is used ?

fix?

win10 on Linx8 tablet 

This isnt a Realdash forum, Link dont make it... 

Maybe contact them directly to see what support avenues they offer.

Does anyone know a way of having a fuel level sensor input to the ECU displayed on the Dash? perferably calibrated value. Its easy to get the data into the ECU but I don't know if there is a way of getting RealDash to display it. 

On 12/2/2018 at 3:14 PM, Morrisman1 said:

Does anyone know a way of having a fuel level sensor input to the ECU displayed on the Dash? perferably calibrated value. Its easy to get the data into the ECU but I don't know if there is a way of getting RealDash to display it. 

Here you go:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPn3zpsxhdV-DI1p5D

Thank for Realdash developing such a powerful app that I don't have to buy expensive AIM racing instruments.

My car is Subaru GRB, ej25 with link G4 + thunder. I developed a protocol conversion module using STM32. Then can convert the Can signal of the link G4+ into a Realdash protocol, and then connect to the mobile phone through a TTL to Bluetooth module, so as to display almost all the data on the mobile phone (as long as the PClink can display).

Welcome to exchange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNeBGatmBSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKJzVRUp09c

I'm guessing it's not possible to have both an android dash connected and pclink at the same time through a usb hub?

Also, is it be safe to use a powered usb hub with the ECU? Would the dash software be able to receive data and be charged at the same time?

Thanks

On 12/28/2018 at 12:42 AM, xbores said:

Thank for Realdash developing such a powerful app that I don't have to buy expensive AIM racing instruments.

My car is Subaru GRB, ej25 with link G4 + thunder. I developed a protocol conversion module using STM32. Then can convert the Can signal of the link G4+ into a Realdash protocol, and then connect to the mobile phone through a TTL to Bluetooth module, so as to display almost all the data on the mobile phone (as long as the PClink can display).

Welcome to exchange

Doing something similar in my GF8 WRX with an STM32 aswell. If youre okay with it, would be very keen to have a look through the code you've used. Do you have a github? 

29 minutes ago, Zeroyon said:

I assume this would work on an android car stereo ?  

That would be model specific.  Im no expert but I suspect most of the bigger brand name ones like Pioneer etc will be pretty locked down and wont allow 3rd party apps to be installed, they possibly will also have restrictions on what the USB port will talk to.  My thoughts would be find a couple of models you like then do a bit of google research, you will find a forum or something about them.  Probably some of the cheap generic no name ones would have a more open OS.