Introducing RealDash - A Dashboard App for Android & Windows

Adamw

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Did you try rebooting the tablet and ensuring PC Link is not opened so the COM port is not reserved by PC Link?

I did. What I didnt try, is turning off the autorun pclink on startup so it never has the chance to connect at all (as opposed to shutting it down). Will give that a try

26 minutes ago, BradB said:

Just played with this, have updated V44 output baud rate to 115200 and changed connection to match and now have practically 0 lag between input and display.  Very very happy boy. Now to play with some display config screens. 

Yes, I think any of the baud rates should work and you can also use the Continuous-25Hz datastream setting in the ECU for faster updates but in my testing I didnt see any noticeable lag even with the slowest settings.  I suspect it maybe more video related in your Android device but if it works with higher speed settings then no problem using those.  I just thought there is no point running everything at max if it wasnt needed.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Yes, I think any of the baud rates should work and you can also use the Continuous-25Hz datastream setting in the ECU for faster updates but in my testing I didnt see any noticeable lag even with the slowest settings.  I suspect it maybe more video related in your Android device but if it works with higher speed settings then no problem using those.  I just thought there is no point running everything at max if it wasnt needed.

It is a $98 tablet so wouldn’t surprise me ;)  It seems fine with the 12Hz so might leave it for the sake of some sympathy on the old V44 hardware. 

I think a hearty thanks is in order for your support through something that is essentially 3rd party. Really does not go unnoticed. 

went to test this on one of my cars that runs a G4+ Storm Black today and noticed there's no datastream option in the Configuration Window of PCLink, checked on another car I work on which also uses a G4+ Storm Black and it was also missing there.  When I checked on my daily driver that uses a G4+ Plugin it does have the option.  Is there a limitation on the G4+ Storm, or some other way I can get it to work?

1 hour ago, JMP said:

went to test this on one of my cars that runs a G4+ Storm Black today and noticed there's no datastream option in the Configuration Window of PCLink, checked on another car I work on which also uses a G4+ Storm Black and it was also missing there.  When I checked on my daily driver that uses a G4+ Plugin it does have the option.  Is there a limitation on the G4+ Storm, or some other way I can get it to work?

You are right sorry, I mentioned in my original post that is was currently missing from the Atom & Monsoon but the Storm I tested it on was one of our old Blue storms which does have that option and I assumed all Storms had it.  It looks like we have hidden that setting on all ECU's that dont have a serial port.  We will enable that option in a future update on all ecus so you are going to have to wait a while.

1 hour ago, SkylineSi said:

great news, thank you for sharing. will try it out over the weekend. Been waiting a while for this!

couldn't wait, have it working on my samsung android tablet now. just need to mess with the layout. 

anyone got some nice skins to share?

On 7/9/2018 at 8:52 AM, Adamw said:

If you read the title of this thread it says “A dashboard app for windows and android”. There is a reason iOS is not mentioned.  iOS doesn’t support usb serial port or Bluetooth serial port so it will only work with a few ECU’s that have an Apple approved WiFi bridge.

I though it would be pretty foolproof, I havnt had one problem connecting.  Did you powercycle the ECU after storing the datastream settings and leave PC Link closed?

Adam;

sorry about that, ofcourse no ios

Funny  how the simplest details can be overlooked!

only tried with my ipad.

would love to have an small well functioning (all functions) tablet, so this wouldnt do that job anyway!

11 hours ago, Drexal said:

@Adamw is there any way to get internal wideband to display on this app? Setting it up now and cannot find an option for internal lambda. (Thunder ECU) Guessing this might have to be part of your update of the data stream? 

Yeah, sorry, as per my post on the previous page this was something I overlooked when testing initially.  The existing serial stream doesnt output the "Lambda 1/2" parameters.  I will have asked engineering to add this but it wont be for a while unfortunately.

On 7/12/2018 at 7:37 AM, SkylineSi said:

couldn't wait, have it working on my samsung android tablet now. just need to mess with the layout. 

anyone got some nice skins to share?

managed to get the lambda working also. Looks like you need to purchase and unlock the full version otherwise it comes up asking you to purchase

On 7/19/2018 at 8:10 AM, BradB said:

Need to get an OTG and charging solution before making the mounting more permanent but it functions very well. 

FC561DE7-093D-4418-9A50-66A059DC594C.jpeg

looks great, can you share that skin?

6 minutes ago, Alexander Tomov said:

Hi

can I use tablet for dash?

i have G4+ storm

Android or windows 

Thank you

If it is a Black Storm it wont work at present, the Serial stream is disabled in that ECU.  The older Blue Storm will work.  Management & Engineering have agreed to enable the serial stream on all ecu's in a future update but I cant make any promises when that will happen.  I had quoted that slightly wrong in my original post so I just edited that now.

5 minutes ago, Adamw said:

If it is a Black Storm it wont work at present, the Serial stream is disabled in that ECU.  The older Blue Storm will work.  Management & Engineering have agreed to enable the serial stream on all ecu's in a future update but I cant make any promises when that will happen.  I had quoted that slightly wrong in my original post so I just edited that now.

Blue storm is my 

Can I work android or windows?

Blue storm

android or windows 

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I had no luck with it on Windows 10 via USB tuning cable either. If anyone has got this working on the same config please let me know what data settings you used so I can test out. Cheers.

I've had it working on Windows 10 via USB with no issues, just followed the instructions in the 1st post.  That was on the g4+ plugin in my daily driver and on another g4+ Xtreme.  It didn't work on my G4+ Storm as that doesn't have the datastream mode required

• 1 month later...

Had a win with this and got it working with the correct data stream settings. :)

Just curious, does anyone know a trick to swapping between RealDash and PCLink? I note that once you have connected to PCLink you need to restart the device before it'll talk to RealDash again. Definitely not a major issue but would be convenient if there was a solution.

Thanks . This is a really good addon.

Do you know if there are any canbus to bluetooth adapters which could be used for this dashboard ? 
Or usb to bluetooth serial adapters which could be used ? 
Providing data around the car while working on it in the pit , dyno and so on ?

On 9/16/2018 at 4:51 AM, gudmundur said:

Do you know if there are any canbus to bluetooth adapters which could be used for this dashboard ? 
Or usb to bluetooth serial adapters which could be used ? 

We dont offer any wireless interfaces at this time.  It's possible one of the common rs232 bluetooth devices will work if you have one of our ECU's with a serial port (not just USB), but you will need a pretty good understanding to get them configured.

• 3 weeks later...