Introducing RealDash - A Dashboard App for Android & Windows

Adamw

1 hour ago, beemn said:

Is the set up the same when using ivts or not compatable with Vipec ecu?

So you have an i series Vipec?  It will work out of the box.  If you have a v series then it will still work - the only proviso is you will need to be on firmware 4.9.9 or later

25 minutes ago, Adamw said:

So you have an i series Vipec?  It will work out of the box.  If you have a v series then it will still work - the only proviso is you will need to be on firmware 4.9.9 or later

(EDIT)I believe so, i88 for mini r53...been ages since I have plugged into the ecu, (over 18 months) but have a race meeting next weekend so the app might work a treat to have a go with. I did try with out connecting the lap top but looks like the settings need to be changed as you said in your pdf.

I did just change the settings as per your pdf but it says that Vipec ecu is not supported?

Edited by beemn
wrong model ecu

Ok, from that screen shot I would say realdash may have added some extra check on the VID of the usb/serial device so it is not happy with the vipec ID.  It certainly wasnt fussy when I tested the original beta version for them a few years back and the current windows version doesnt do that.  I will have to dig out my old andriod and do some testing when I get a minute.  In the meantime you can try downloading one of the older versions via an apk site.  There is a link to old versions somewhere a couple of pages back in this thread.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:59 AM, spiderwebfx said:

Hi Adam,

Is there any update in regards to the Monsoon being compatible with this?

Cheers

10 hours ago, TJ6 said:

does the data get logged on the tablet?

It can but it will be saved as a CSV file.  You are better off using the ECU logging.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:40 AM, Adamw said:

I had time to play with this today.  It looks like you can make it work as is.  In the ECU's that dont have the serial data stream settings visible In PC link, it seems that the "requested short" data stream method is enabled by default.  Realdash is compatible with that. 

In PC Link set the baud to 57600.  In Realdash set the baud the same and set it to "use short datastream".  

Let me know if it works for you.  I tested it on a couple of my test ecu's and it seemed to work.

from where i can set Realdash to "use short datastream"?

Please give me detaled instractions.

Dont want to start a new thread for something thats probably an easy fix. But how do you remove the little captions at the top a gauge in pclink? Im setting up a dash to display on a tablet and id like to remove it. Ive seen it done before but i cant seem to find how to change it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I have a G4+ Xreme pluq in st205. i use the AnTemp2 input to read the oil temperature. i have connected successfully with realdash app, but i can't found in ecu specific inputs the AnTemp2. shows only AnTemp3 and AnTemp4.

Have anyone any idea???  

13 hours ago, spyros said:

Hi. I have a G4+ Xreme pluq in st205. i use the AnTemp2 input to read the oil temperature. i have connected successfully with realdash app, but i can't found in ecu specific inputs the AnTemp2. shows only AnTemp3 and AnTemp4.

Have anyone any idea???  

For whatever reason realdash seemed to have left that out of the stream.  I think they assume ECT and IAT will always be AN T1 & 2.  I think you will have to move IAT to AN T2 so you can send oil temp on AN T3.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. 

I have another issue with the realdash app. My programmer has configured the Digital Input DI4, DI5 and DI6 as a Boost1, Boost2 and Boost3 to activate different table of boost solenoid duty cycle.

I trying to make an image gauge for every digital input to see which boost is activate. I choose from ecu specific menu the DI4, DI5 and DI6 inputs. 

But I don't have any reaction of this gauges.

Can anyone to help me??  

How to connect to link ECU - RealDash Forum

Trying to connect my PNP G4+ to a windows surface tablet. Following the exact steps outline in the RealDash forum post, but cant get it to connect. Tried a couple different baud rates, but still nothing. Lower right hand corner of the app just repeatedly blinks "connecting", but never goes away. 

Anyone else have a similar problem?

4 hours ago, briansfd said:

Trying to connect my PNP G4+ to a windows surface tablet. Following the exact steps outline in the RealDash forum post, but cant get it to connect. Tried a couple different baud rates, but still nothing. Lower right hand corner of the app just repeatedly blinks "connecting", but never goes away. 

The most common one I come across is that once you've got the ecu re-configured you need to power cycle the ecu, ie pull it's fuse - a normal key off power cycle won't do the job.

Failing that, find a Android device that it works with then use those settings on the Windows version of realdash.

7 hours ago, briansfd said:

If you put PC Link on your tablet, does that connect ok?    The most common problem I see is junk USB OTG adapters that dont work, so connecting to PC Link will be an easy way to confirm that.

9 hours ago, Monsterbishi said:

The most common one I come across is that once you've got the ecu re-configured you need to power cycle the ecu, ie pull it's fuse - a normal key off power cycle won't do the job.

Failing that, find a Android device that it works with then use those settings on the Windows version of realdash.

Yea, I only tried a key off cycle. I have a hi-amp circuit breaker for my battery, so i'll just use that to shut down the whole system and try again.

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

If you put PC Link on your tablet, does that connect ok?    The most common problem I see is junk USB OTG adapters that dont work, so connecting to PC Link will be an easy way to confirm that.

Yup PC link works no problem. Everything stores just fine and that's how I was able to change baud rates to match. I'll try the above and report back.