Adamw

Introducing RealDash - A Dashboard App for Android & Windows

I would really like output Ethanol % and ethanol temp in the long (or short) datastream. 

Ethanol temp is an issue I can just address by adding a engine protection, but it would be nice to keep track on the temps so I could check quickly if I need to add some cooling. Yes I know that datalogging would be an option but race dash is more convenient. Ethanol percentage varies at the gas station and it would be really nice to know the value without the need to plugin the laptop. So could the long datastream be updated so that it would be possible to transmit the ethanol % ?

1 hour ago, beemn said:

Is the set up the same when using ivts or not compatable with Vipec ecu?

So you have an i series Vipec?  It will work out of the box.  If you have a v series then it will still work - the only proviso is you will need to be on firmware 4.9.9 or later

25 minutes ago, Adamw said:

So you have an i series Vipec?  It will work out of the box.  If you have a v series then it will still work - the only proviso is you will need to be on firmware 4.9.9 or later

(EDIT)I believe so, i88 for mini r53...been ages since I have plugged into the ecu, (over 18 months) but have a race meeting next weekend so the app might work a treat to have a go with. I did try with out connecting the lap top but looks like the settings need to be changed as you said in your pdf.

I did just change the settings as per your pdf but it says that Vipec ecu is not supported?

Edited by beemn
wrong model ecu

20 minutes ago, beemn said:

but it says that Vipec ecu is not supported?

What/where does it say not supported?  Your ECU is effectively a G4+ so it will work the same as most here.

down in the bottom right corner of the screen, I'm assuming it should still register the ecu with the ignition on acc since its registering its a Vipec ecu?

Thanks, yep..powered off then on. Checked the settings were saved both on iVTS and G4+. I did try on two phones just incase but to no avail...I will try and see if there is app support.

20191103_100209.jpg

20191103_100327.jpg

Ok, from that screen shot I would say realdash may have added some extra check on the VID of the usb/serial device so it is not happy with the vipec ID.  It certainly wasnt fussy when I tested the original beta version for them a few years back and the current windows version doesnt do that.  I will have to dig out my old andriod and do some testing when I get a minute.  In the meantime you can try downloading one of the older versions via an apk site.  There is a link to old versions somewhere a couple of pages back in this thread.

Thanks for your help Adam, ended up having o download a version 1.5.5 from Jan of this year, seems to be doing the trick!

On 11/3/2019 at 9:59 AM, spiderwebfx said:

Hi Adam,

Is there any update in regards to the Monsoon being compatible with this?

Cheers

10 hours ago, TJ6 said:

does the data get logged on the tablet?

It can but it will be saved as a CSV file.  You are better off using the ECU logging.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:40 AM, Adamw said:

I had time to play with this today.  It looks like you can make it work as is.  In the ECU's that dont have the serial data stream settings visible In PC link, it seems that the "requested short" data stream method is enabled by default.  Realdash is compatible with that. 

In PC Link set the baud to 57600.  In Realdash set the baud the same and set it to "use short datastream".  

Let me know if it works for you.  I tested it on a couple of my test ecu's and it seemed to work.

from where i can set Realdash to "use short datastream"?

Please give me detaled instractions.

On 11/9/2019 at 11:46 AM, Adamw said:

Ah bugger, I did try this but I couldn't get it to work.  I will have another play with it during the week and see how I go.  Is there any other settings you can recommend I double check also?

Dont want to start a new thread for something thats probably an easy fix. But how do you remove the little captions at the top a gauge in pclink? Im setting up a dash to display on a tablet and id like to remove it. Ive seen it done before but i cant seem to find how to change it.

Hi, how would i set up egt on thunder ecu? In pc link i used analog input thermocouple 1 and 2. There is no such selection in real dash inputs. EGT 1 AND EGT 2 dont show any value.

Thank you