4g63 boost control.

phantomgvr4

Hello everyone. 

New to link here. Just got it installed in my 92 galant vr4. Everything is working great except for I cannot get link to recognize my boost soliniod. I have the same 3 port turbosmart soliniod that comes with the eboost2 package. I know one wire I run to the ground on the expansion loom. What input do I run the other too.

Might it be better to track down the stock soliniod pin?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, GregM said:

Stock Solenoid pin it should be connected to.  

Correct, it should have a stock solenoid in that car, usually you would just connect the new solenoid to the wires for the original valve.

5 hours ago, phantomgvr4 said:

I know one wire I run to the ground on the expansion loom. What input do I run the other too.

Wrong.  One side goes to a switched +12V source.  The other goes to an aux output.  There are no aux outputs available on the expansion connector on that ECU, so you should connect it to aux 1/Pin 105.

lv8fe2R.png

8 hours ago, phantomgvr4 said:

Trying to do the quick tune because it is way rich at idle

You do not need quicktune to adjust your idle mixture.  The first place to start is to adjust the over-all fueling so it is close, use the master fuel to do this (click on master fuel, then page down key).  If you need to change a more specific region than that then you can select a few cells in the main fuel table around where it idles and again bump these up or down with the pg up/pg dn.

8 hours ago, phantomgvr4 said:

Its wired in the same way I had it with ecmlink

Can you be more specific.  What pin is it connected to?

• 2 weeks later...

Just went through the same stuff setting mine up, the first few cells are likely too lean.  Turn the ve  map tracing on so you can see what cells are being used when its acting up and then richen those areas up a handful of cells at a time until the afr shows what your fuel map is targeting, I'm certainly not new to tuning having a 980 hp 2.0 litre 4g63 but I'm new to linkecu.

• 2 weeks later...

One step at a time. Slowly getting there. I worked over my table a bit and can now get a smooth rev sitting on neutral.

But I put it in gear and release the clutch I go full lean.

I wonder how close our setups are? Got a snapshot of your map I could look at?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...