Jump to content
blink977

LS first start-up parameters

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to fire up LS engine with G4 Storm, engine turns, but backfires. Here's engine setup:

LQ4 cast iron engine block with Wiseco domed forged pistons, LS3 CNC ported cylinder head. Compression ratio is somewhere 10.5:1, Link G4 Storm engine management, running 8 injectors and 8 ignition outputs, injection mode is set to Sequenital, and Ignition mode is set to Direct spark. injector number 1 is connected to link output 1, injector number 2 connected to 2, etc. Same for ignition. Firing order set to 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3. Trigger setup is set to Chevy 5-10

Now about problems:

1. engine backfires.

I know it is definitely timing or crankshaft sensor issue, but I have rpm fluctuation due cranking, it goes to 670-700 rpm and falls to 0, then again. Is it normal due cranking?

2. I don't have any readings in Trigger scope.

3. I have few errors at Analog Volt and Analog temp, but MAP sensor works, and readings are fine, also all temperature sensors readings are fine

 

I also afraid about fuel quantity, so does anyone can advice safe start-up fuel map?

All I need is to fire it up, to car reach the tuner

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blink977 said:

I know it is definitely timing or crankshaft sensor issue, but I have rpm fluctuation due cranking, it goes to 670-700 rpm and falls to 0, then again. Is it normal due cranking?

2. I don't have any readings in Trigger scope.

I suspect you might just be using the triggerscope wrong.  Below is a quick video showing how to do it.  Please have another go, the trigger is the most important part to get right. 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPmieMTkwQDCXEb2LY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you for the answer. I'm suspecting bad crank sensor, I removed all spark plugs today, disabled fuel and ignition and cranked engine for a while. I still don't have any kind of reading in Trigger Scope. Only thing I have is jumping rpm's reading, 800-0-800 and so on. I removed crankshaft sensor and tested it with multimeter, it pulls up to positive voltage when I putting wrench close to it, but when I'm taking wrench away from it, it stays pulled up. Is that symptom of bad sensor? Sensor is wired to Storm's ground out green wire, and +12 ignition voltage from relay. Maybe it needs +8 volts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, blink977 said:

I removed crankshaft sensor and tested it with multimeter, it pulls up to positive voltage when I putting wrench close to it, but when I'm taking wrench away from it, it stays pulled up.

If your crank sensor is the black “24X” type then that test is invalid, they are a dual track sensor to read two separate/sandwiched trigger wheels. They only output something logical when the two sensing elements are at different levels.

 

2 hours ago, blink977 said:

I still don't have any kind of reading in Trigger Scope.

Did you click capture while it was cranking?  The fact that it displays erratic rpm suggests there is a signal there at least some of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Adamw said:

 

If your crank sensor is the black “24X” type then that test is invalid, they are a dual track sensor to read two separate/sandwiched trigger wheels. They only output something logical when the two sensing elements are at different levels.

 

Did you click capture while it was cranking?  The fact that it displays erratic rpm suggests there is a signal there at least some of the time.

Yes I clicked Capture

how to tell difference between sensors? And which sensor should I use? What Trigger parameters should be set?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2018 at 9:55 AM, blink977 said:

how to tell difference between sensors? 

 

The 24X sensor is black, the 58X sensor is grey.

g6YQYom.png

 

On 7/1/2018 at 9:55 AM, blink977 said:

And which sensor should I use? 

The sensor must match the wheel that is fitted to the crank.  Do you know if your crank wheel and sensor is a "matched pair?

24X wheel looks like below (notice it is 2 wheels sandwiched together)

roUJXBF.png

 

58X looks like this:

gGGSQuN.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...