NGTR+ oil pressure sensor

Tenny

Hey all. Wasnt able to find a thread on this issue specific to the gtr / gts plugin. 

I was under the impression that it was possible to reutitilize the stock engine harness pressure switch wiring for an aftermarket oil pressure sensor. I have since had a look and realise there is no pin on the ecu that directly deals with that switch. It must only go to the dash for the warning light.

In saying that, is my only option to wire this pressure sensor through an expansion loom? 

On another note I also have an aem x series wideband which i planned to wire into pin 37 (to replace the Nb signal) and set that AN volt to "0-5v". Am I correct in thinking that will function properly?

Regards. 

Tennessee. 

27 minutes ago, Tenny said:

On another note I also have an aem x series wideband which i planned to wire into pin 37 (to replace the Nb signal) 

Im not sure where pin 37 came from but the NB sensors are connected to pin 29(front sensor) and 55(rear).  It would be ok to repurpose one of these for your AEM.  Note the X-series also has CAN bus so that would be a better way to connect it.

31 minutes ago, Tenny said:

and set that AN volt to "0-5v". Am I correct in thinking that will function properly?

If connected to an analog input you would set the function to "Lambda 1" and set the calibration to "AEM X Series"

34 minutes ago, Tenny said:

I was under the impression that it was possible to reutitilize the stock engine harness pressure switch wiring for an aftermarket oil pressure sensor. I have since had a look and realise there is no pin on the ecu that directly deals with that switch. It must only go to the dash for the warning light.

In saying that, is my only option to wire this pressure sensor through an expansion loom? 

The Expansion loom is the easiest since it also has the 5V supply and sensor ground wires, but there are plenty of other spare analog inputs on the main connector if you want to do it that way.  There are for instance the two original airflow meter inputs and the 2nd NB oxy pin.

18 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Im not sure where pin 37 came from but the NB sensors are connected to pin 29(front sensor) and 55(rear).  It would be ok to repurpose one of these for your AEM.  Note the X-series also has CAN bus so that would be a better way to connect it.

If connected to an analog input you would set the function to "Lambda 1" and set the calibration to "AEM X Series"

The Expansion loom is the easiest since it also has the 5V supply and sensor ground wires, but there are plenty of other spare analog inputs on the main connector if you want to do it that way.  There are for instance the two original airflow meter inputs and the 2nd NB oxy pin.

Not sure where I got pin 37 from either sorry. Was just running off memory. Many thanks for that. I will take a look at it for CAN bus too. 

I will have to check what pin I'm using for IAT, I believe it should be pin 36 (factory IAT on GTR), but it could be using pin 27 for factory rb25 afm. Once I know what I have left I can chuck the oil pressure sensor on one of those. 

On 7/10/2018 at 11:14 PM, Brad Burnett said:

I would not recommend using the factory oil pressure sensor.  I would recommend purchasing an actual pressure transducer to feed to the ecu.  That will give you much more reliable data as the stock pressure sensors are very prone to failure.

Hey Brad. I do have an aftermarket sensor was just planning to use the stock wiring (with a changed plug of course) to supply ECU with pressure data. 

Hello all again. Just wanna hijack this thread as I've run into a pretty serious issue. I don't think it's the fault of the ecu but want to make sure there isn't any settings etc that could cause this. 

No. 2 coil is getting extremely hot (started to melt) with ignition on OR car running. Have removed original coil from equation and tested another three on No. 2 with the same result.

My loom is a brand new wiring specialities harness with yaris coilpacks. I have emailed them but don't expect a reply as it is the weekend. Tune is booked for next week so would really appreciate the help if anyone has ideas! 

Thanks.