Paul Hassell

Supercharged Lexus 3UZ

Good morning all, 

We are about to start an engine swap project on a Land Rover Defender 110 where we are going to fit an early Lexus 1UZ (non vvt) with an Eaton 112 supercharger !

Has anybody on here got a 1UZ engine using Link, as we are not sure which ECU would be the most suitable.

Cheers in advance

Paul.

Yes we do!  We have one as one of the donkey engines on our dyno. The Storm would be my suggestion as for the minimum ECU to go for - 3 main reasons:

The Storm is our lowest cost ECU with Knock control.

The Storm is our lowest cost ECU with 8 injector and 8 Ignition drives.

The Storm is our lowest cost ECU that can drive the stock stepper motor idle valve.

There is a comparison table on this page here to highlight the main differences between our ECU models:  https://www.linkecu.com/products/ecu-comparison-chart/

On 7/12/2018 at 12:47 AM, TeamJHR said:

Great, I have previous experience with the Storm, but am i correct in thinking the Storm does not accept fly by wire throttle ?

I thought the early 1UZ didnt have E-throttle?  Was I wrong there?

Sorry for not posting up for a while, the conversion is now going to use a 3uz, but almost certainly still with an Eaton Supercharger.

I think the Thunder will be the ECU of choice....any thoughts on this ?

I've just started building a custom 1UZ VVTi loom and specced an ECU for a customer replacing the standard setup (in a Triumph Stag), and with an Xtreme we quickly ran out of aux outputs.  The build is now going to use a Thunder.

To run the standard engine functions as implemented on the LS400, it will take at least 12 Aux outs from my calculations:-

VVT Bank 1

VVT Bank 2

Fuel Pump

ACIS

Tacho

Ethrottle Relay

Ethrottle +

Ethrottle -

Ethrottle Clutch (PWM 250Hz)

Check Engine Light

Oil Pressure Warning Light  

Fan  (Viscous on LS400, but I like to add electric for any conversion)

Adding Dual Lambda for both banks into the equation (and 3 axis accelerometer, high speed digital inputs, etc.)  it quickly makes sense to go for a Thunder.

Richard.