2JZ VVTI Monson ECU Map

Globe

Hello Guys,

Im new to the Forum I got couple questions for the PRO's In this room >

I have a 2JZ VVTI Customized Engine ( A to Z ) 3.4 L 
I have 2 MAPS im going to attach, Both are working perfect, Lucky for the 2jz vvti Car owners, They can use my map's ( Im Not responsible about any damage to you car )
Ok I tuned my car in 2 different Engineers And im not sure which one is right, both tuned the car Ignition and fuel table, I need to make sure the value's Of the Ignition and fuel are correct.

I have the following setup
750 cc Bosh Injectors with 4 Bar Fuel Pressure
Single Turbo dual bearing set at 1.8 BAR starts @ 2500 RPM
Using 98 Octane Fuel
Off course the biggest intercooler , AKS dump valve , External WAsteGate, MONSON ECU 
Appreciate Your thoughts and advice the car is running great but not perfect, i know there is something wrong with the ignition and fuel 
Holding the car power back, i know i can get much more power Of such engine
 I set my AFR to 13.7 

2jz-1.pclr

2jz-1-extreme.pclr

20180710_165315.jpg

IMG-20180626-WA0097.jpg

IMG-20180627-WA0160.jpg

Both maps look almost identical.  Neither look like they have been tuned on a dyno steady state as both the fuel and igntion maps are just too artificially smooth.  Otherwise the ignition numbers look pretty normal.

You have the MAP limit set to 186kPa so the engine is not going to run more than about 0.75bar.  If you are using stock coils/ignitors then you might want to reduce dwell time to about 1.8ms.

9XDmjO6.png

Hey, Appreciated
Ok the dyno fuel map and ignition is attached ( different Map ) 
But it was all about speed and not drift setup 
It was great but u feel the car having a lot of power and not hitting limit like drift tuning should 

Attached is the original Dyno 1st Tune.

Further i use Honda NSX H595-05.jpg

750 Bosch Injectors 

• Toyota Supra with VVTI or Non VVTI 2JZ-GTE Engine
  • Lexus GS300/ Toyota Aristo V300 with 2JZ-GTE Engine

Injector specs:

Static Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI (300 KPa) 750cc/min 

Coil Resistance: 12 Ohms /  High Impedance / Saturated

Cone Spray Angle - single spray cone. Approximate cone angle for 90% of spray volume

11mm Inlet Diameter 

Factory fitted with Viton upper and lower o-rings.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You talked about the dwell time which is important i think no one touched it
Further injectors BTDC is set to 400 is that right?

Ignition advance is set to 45 BTDC ?

Appreciate any help and advice, The Map Limit was set earlier to 40 PSI will fix that up
But im feeling there is a misfire somewhere Appreciated Guys

2jzglobe.pclr

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Both maps look almost identical.  Neither look like they have been tuned on a dyno steady state as both the fuel and igntion maps are just too artificially smooth.  Otherwise the ignition numbers look pretty normal.

You have the MAP limit set to 186kPa so the engine is not going to run more than about 0.75bar.  If you are using stock coils/ignitors then you might want to reduce dwell time to about 1.8ms.

9XDmjO6.png

As far as i know 186 KPA = 1.86 Bar Equivalent to 26.977 PSI
What im missing? cheers

7 hours ago, iceman_n said:

why on main fuel setup on active injectors is set to 1-4 ? since its a 6 cylinder engine...

It is a Monsoon ECU so only has 4 inj outputs.  It will be firing them in multigroup mode.

8 hours ago, Globe said:

As far as i know 186 KPA = 1.86 Bar Equivalent to 26.977 PSI
What im missing? cheers

Research what "absolute pressure" means.  MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure.

0Kpa MAP is total vacuum.  100Kpa MAP is atmosheric pressure at sea level (0Bar boost).  200KPa MAP is 1Bar boost.  On top of that, all limiters have a "control range", for the MAP limit the default range is 10KPa, so if the limit is set to 186kPa, the limiter will start to limit at 176kPa (or 0.76Bar boost).

Rather than ask us what is wrong with your map, it would be better if you explain what the actual problem is that you have and supply a log showing it.

Well, here are my questions
Fuel Table - Should i decrease fuel after the RPM limit, example 6900 RPM limit, Im decreasing fuel
to around 10% from 6500 to 7500 so i can easy load on the engine on Cut oFF, Is this right ?

Ignition Table - Im using a custom Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs, Should i Decrease the dwell time to get a faster ignition ?

Can i tune my fuel table to get 100% at the end of the MAP, im at 73.5 right now

Thanks appreciated 

16 hours ago, Globe said:

Fuel Table - Should i decrease fuel after the RPM limit, example 6900 RPM limit, Im decreasing fuel
to around 10% from 6500 to 7500 so i can easy load on the engine on Cut oFF, Is this right ?

No you would usually tune the engine with the limiter set slightly higher than normal so you can correctly tune the topend cells without the limiter interfering, then after tuning bring the limiter back down to a safe level. 

Ignition Table - Im using a custom Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs, Should i Decrease the dwell time to get a faster ignition ?

You need to set dwell that is appropriate for the specific coils.  If you dont have a misfire and the coils havent melted then it is probably close enough already.

Can i tune my fuel table to get 100% at the end of the MAP, im at 73.5 right now

It doesnt matter what numbers are in there (well you dont want very small numbers but 73.5 is good).

• 1 month later...