Drivers for g4+ plugin??

Lemonslice22

Apparently the first time you connect the ecu to the laptop its supposed to come up with driver installation. Mine isnt doing this it makes a noise when i connect/disconnect the cable but no drivers to install so i cannot connect to the ecu. What do i do now? Needed to get it running tonight for tuning soon. Windows 10 btw.

The drivers are pre-installed when you originally install PC Link.  Can you open up windows device manager and see if you have a Link USB ECU com port showing and there is no yellow exclamation mark next to it.

venjLHP.png

Right ive uninstalled and reinstalled on the origional laptop ive also got another laptop that ive installed pclink on. Neither of them have link electrosystems usb like in the photo you posted. Is there a specific version i should download? I have the g4+ pluggin for the supra.

If its not showing in device manager the PC is not seeing the USB device at all.  If the ECU is already installed inside the case , can you pull the lid off and check the USB cable is plugged into the USB socket at the rear of the top board.  I have seen some users plug it into one of the CAN ports on the side after installing in the case before. 

While you are in there, with the ignition on, check if the blue/green LED on top is lit up.

vY6mX9Y.jpg

All ECU's are shipped locked for security.  You need to do just as the message says and contact whoever you purchased the ECU from and give them the serial number, they will then give you an unlock code for it.