kpbruka

350Z+ G4+ questions

At the moment I'm running the G4+ plug and play on my single turbo 350Z and had a few questions.

1-As far as knock control, can it be done without any additional modules and just reading the factory knock sensor?

2- The VDC and SLIP light are always on as the link seems to interfere with the VDC system. Is there a way to have the lights not come on?

3- Not as important, but now with the Link ECU the MPG gauge and DTE seems to not work. Is there information the Link is not sending through the CAN system that is causing this? Any possible way to get it working again?

Thanks!

I have the 350z plugin as well and as far as I'm aware it's already setup to use the factory knock sensor

my vdc and slip are the same there are several posts about it on the forum including one saying about the abs ecu needs to turn on after the g4+ I haven't bothered with it so far will get to it at some point.

and I couldn't get my dte/mpg gauge to work so did away with it and made an AFR one to replace it

IMG_20171016_172011.thumb.jpg.e32660caad4bba6a26f31014d85f8c88.jpg

IMG_20171021_154810.thumb.jpg.960d52aea0cee376cc7bc6a2e207d2c2.jpg

21 hours ago, kpbruka said:

At the moment I'm running the G4+ plug and play on my single turbo 350Z and had a few questions.

1-As far as knock control, can it be done without any additional modules and just reading the factory knock sensor?

2- The VDC and SLIP light are always on as the link seems to interfere with the VDC system. Is there a way to have the lights not come on?

3- Not as important, but now with the Link ECU the MPG gauge and DTE seems to not work. Is there information the Link is not sending through the CAN system that is causing this? Any possible way to get it working again?

Thanks!

1. Yes the knock sensor is connected and the ECU has onboard knock control.  It is not enabled or set up in our base map, this should be done by an experienced tuner.
  2. We have seen this problem on a few car cars now, it is rare and seems to be isolated to a certain model/year or region.  The cause seems to be that the ABS ECU boots up before our ECU is sending out CAN messages and throws an error.  We have tried to make our CAN system initialise faster in the firmware etc but some cars still dont like it.  The workaround is to wire a relay into the ABS ECU power supply so that it loses power when the ignition key is in start position, it then reboots, sees Link's CAN message and is all happy.  If you email BGfzSPG.png we can give you a bit more info.
  3. Im not sure what "DTE" is but the fuel consumption gauge will work if you use "modelled" fuel equation.  In traditional mode the ECU has no idea how much fuel is flowing so cant send out consumption data.