350Z+ G4+ questions

kpbruka

At the moment I'm running the G4+ plug and play on my single turbo 350Z and had a few questions.

1-As far as knock control, can it be done without any additional modules and just reading the factory knock sensor?

2- The VDC and SLIP light are always on as the link seems to interfere with the VDC system. Is there a way to have the lights not come on?

3- Not as important, but now with the Link ECU the MPG gauge and DTE seems to not work. Is there information the Link is not sending through the CAN system that is causing this? Any possible way to get it working again?

Thanks!

I have the 350z plugin as well and as far as I'm aware it's already setup to use the factory knock sensor

my vdc and slip are the same there are several posts about it on the forum including one saying about the abs ecu needs to turn on after the g4+ I haven't bothered with it so far will get to it at some point.

and I couldn't get my dte/mpg gauge to work so did away with it and made an AFR one to replace it

IMG_20171016_172011.thumb.jpg.e32660caad4bba6a26f31014d85f8c88.jpg

IMG_20171021_154810.thumb.jpg.960d52aea0cee376cc7bc6a2e207d2c2.jpg

21 hours ago, kpbruka said:

At the moment I'm running the G4+ plug and play on my single turbo 350Z and had a few questions.

1-As far as knock control, can it be done without any additional modules and just reading the factory knock sensor?

2- The VDC and SLIP light are always on as the link seems to interfere with the VDC system. Is there a way to have the lights not come on?

3- Not as important, but now with the Link ECU the MPG gauge and DTE seems to not work. Is there information the Link is not sending through the CAN system that is causing this? Any possible way to get it working again?

Thanks!

1. Yes the knock sensor is connected and the ECU has onboard knock control.  It is not enabled or set up in our base map, this should be done by an experienced tuner.
  2. We have seen this problem on a few car cars now, it is rare and seems to be isolated to a certain model/year or region.  The cause seems to be that the ABS ECU boots up before our ECU is sending out CAN messages and throws an error.  We have tried to make our CAN system initialise faster in the firmware etc but some cars still dont like it.  The workaround is to wire a relay into the ABS ECU power supply so that it loses power when the ignition key is in start position, it then reboots, sees Link's CAN message and is all happy.  If you email BGfzSPG.png we can give you a bit more info.
  3. Im not sure what "DTE" is but the fuel consumption gauge will work if you use "modelled" fuel equation.  In traditional mode the ECU has no idea how much fuel is flowing so cant send out consumption data.

• 6 months later...

I’ve just fitted and had my 350z mapped on the g4+ and I’ve been having similar issues with the dash displaying the traction control lights. If there is a guide on how to sort this that would be awesome. 

Also by reading the above I have now changed my fuelling to modelled and I now get a cc/min on the software. Does anyone know if this will update the original dashboard DTE computer and mpg gauge. 

Thanks in advance. 

15 hours ago, M.D. said:

I’ve just fitted and had my 350z mapped on the g4+ and I’ve been having similar issues with the dash displaying the traction control lights. If there is a guide on how to sort this that would be awesome. 

I will PM you some instructions.

15 hours ago, M.D. said:

Also by reading the above I have now changed my fuelling to modelled and I now get a cc/min on the software. Does anyone know if this will update the original dashboard DTE computer and mpg gauge. 

As far as I know that should be all it needs.

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2019 at 9:12 AM, Adamw said:

I will PM you some instructions.

As far as I know that should be all it needs.

@Adamw Hi Adamw, can you also provide me info regarding get rid of the lights in cluster after installing the 350Z plugin? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, fourings said:

Adam, if this fix works for other makes and models could you please pass that information onto me? Thanks. 

What problem do you have?  What do you mean by "other makes and models"

On 7/15/2018 at 3:32 PM, Adamw said:
  2. We have seen this problem on a few car cars now, it is rare and seems to be isolated to a certain model/year or region.  The cause seems to be that the ABS ECU boots up before our ECU is sending out CAN messages and throws an error.  We have tried to make our CAN system initialise faster in the firmware etc but some cars still don't like it.  The workaround is to wire a relay into the ABS ECU power supply so that it loses power when the ignition key is in start position, it then reboots, sees Link's CAN message and is all happy.  If you email BGfzSPG.png we can give you a bit more info.

ABS, ESP issue as mentioned by OP. My issue may be VAG CAN specific, new firmware did not resolve it. Other than going the CAN sniffing route, which is out of my capabilities to be honest. Would a relay potentially work?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

also have vdc/slip/RAS lights on. Also 12v AN error. Please send me info needed to fix VDC. Also any info needed for tuner. Also what auxiliary cable is needed for extra inputs etc. I want to have everything ready for my tuner. If there are recommendations for accessories please feel free to share. 

2006 G35  single turbo

Dallas

Edited by dallas
additional info

I will PM you some instructions for the ABS.    

Unfortunately with the 350Z ecu the expansion ports are inside the case and require hole/s to be drilled through the cover.  #XSL is the Link part number for the expansion looms and your ecu can take two of them.  What I/O they make available is listed in the manual.  If you only want to add a couple of extras you can often just repurpose pins that are already there with no need for the XSL. 

I’ve found the e throttle on the 350 incredibly sensitive. And occasionally throws up the an12v error. Especially if being very quick on and off the throttle such as when drifting etc. 
my tuner altered the factory figures for the voltages as they weren’t set exactly to 0v and 5v on the base map. That helped massively but unfortunately I still can’t use launch control or anti lag as the bangs cause the throttle issue again.  

On 12/11/2019 at 1:36 PM, dallas said:

Also 12v AN error.

Make sure the Error low is set to 0 and the error high is set to 5.0, I noticed one of the base maps had those around the wrong way.

19 hours ago, M.D. said:

I’ve found the e throttle on the 350 incredibly sensitive. And occasionally throws up the an12v error. Especially if being very quick on and off the throttle such as when drifting etc. 
my tuner altered the factory figures for the voltages as they weren’t set exactly to 0v and 5v on the base map. That helped massively but unfortunately I still can’t use launch control or anti lag as the bangs cause the throttle issue again.  

Not sure what you are on about here, ANV 12 is the air con evaporator pressure sensor, nothing to do with the throttle.

The error I believe is supply volt error An 12 13. And limits the rpm to 1800. 

as you say setting the 0 5v low and high errors needed doing as all the base maps I saw had then at 0.05 and 4.95 or there abouts. 

I can make the error come up quite easily and it’ll also throw up the error if the traction control is active for too long. (Wet days provoking it etc)  so I’ll try and get a picture the next time it does it. 

17 minutes ago, M.D. said:

The error I believe is supply volt error An 12 13. And limits the rpm to 1800. 

as you say setting the 0 5v low and high errors needed doing as all the base maps I saw had then at 0.05 and 4.95 or there abouts. 

I can make the error come up quite easily and it’ll also throw up the error if the traction control is active for too long. (Wet days provoking it etc)  so I’ll try and get a picture the next time it does it. 

You are wrong.  As above AV12 is AC pressure.  There is no AV13.  The TPS sensors are on AV2 & AV4.  You shouldnt be setting E-throttle analog input errors to 0 & 5 as that effectively disables most safety features.  The reason AV12 needs the errors set to 0&5 is because the sensor is capable of reading over the full scale and it is not a safety or tune critical sensor so error checking is not required.

Assuming you have the 350Z plug in ecu then AV12 is nothing to do with the throttle, it will be in error because the error settings are reversed as mentioned above, it will not effect the way it runs except it will prevent AC from working.  The AN Temp 2 fault you have showing will certainly effect how it runs.  This likely means you either have a dead air temp sensor or you dont have one at all (they dont have one stock), if this is the case you should have AN Temp 2 turned off.

If you have an E-throttle problem I suggest you start your own thread and attach a log and your tune so we can help you fix it properly, disabling error checking on a safety critical function is never a good idea.

The other fault (picture won’t upload) is....

ecu fault code 72: analog 5v supply error e throttle 

ecu fault code 73: aux 9/10 supply error 

ecu fault code 74: analog 5v supply error 

For some reason I have the faults separately but usually all these faults come up at the same time when it limits the throttle. 
But as I say we managed to stop a lot of these faults by changing the 0-5v figures. 

Just unfortunately you can’t use anti lag or launch control as the error will come up again 

I have asked directly before and was told it’s not something link have had before. And never got anymore from it. 

was just replying as the guy above has the same an12 as I’ve had. 
the stock 350z does have an air temp sensor. It’s within the stock AFM and set up as such on the pc link software under sensor type.