Analog pressure sensor

434josh

Is there a way to slow down the rate at which the Extreme registers pressure from a sensor? I have a rail mounted fuel pressure sensor and the logged pressure is all over the place but my dash mounted gauge is steady. I think it's maybe registering actual pulses from the pump and the regulator because it's displaying too fast. Can I reduce the sample rate? 

When I say all over the place, I mean the kpa reading is 300, 305, 289, 315, etc in consecutive log lines. 

This is not a damper issue I fit FP Sensors to every install and don't think any of them have had dampers fitted and I don't see fluctuations like that, + - 10kpa maybe

If your fuel req is vacuum referenced then I would log 'differential fuel pressure' instead and that should be steadier.

Differential fuel pressure is a calculated value derived from both MAP and FP.

Also, have a watch of Paul Yaw's seminar on this subject.  It can be caused by a range of factors, such as "non-rubber" fuel lines etc, but quite often it is just resonance based.  If it is particularly bad at certain RPM's you can often tune that out by changing the length of hose to the FRP reference port. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QF5BmQtXZA&t=409s