Coil on plug setup using Honda link g4 obd1 plug and play

Ftptegforever01

The coils are not wired to the dizzy.  You need to run 4 new signal wires from the ECU pins shown below to the coils.  You will also need to run 12V wire from an ignition switched relay to each coil and a ground wire from each coil should attach to the cylinder head or engine block.

4AmV5PE.png

• 1 month later...

Okay thankyou sorry I haven't replied sooner lost my password and just recovered it 

Okay so for my coil on plug setup I am running the middle wire as ground to the dizzy bolt as I've been told that's the best place for it 

Next I've run ignition wires on the 3rd pin to the ecu as shown in diagram ive noticed that a10 and a14 on ecu loom plug are blank so I need to put pins in there am i correct? and wire it to my ignition loom wires for cylinder 1 2 3 and 4 in the correct firing order 

Next I've made the 12v wire from each coil on the last pin I've used a pinout diagram to ensure I've got the wires connected to the right pins now what I'm confused on is wiring this part its gotta be to a switched 12v source ive seen that the obd1 B series dizzy plug that runs 2 wires one for rpm and the other is for ignition output do I leave this plugged in and just patch my wiring into it for 12v switched source and can I connect rpm and ign output togeather with the 12v wiring from coils or do I connect 12v switch source to rpm wire and the ignition output to the ignition output wires for the coils? This is the main part I'm stuck on 

14 hours ago, Ftptegforever01 said:

Next I've run ignition wires on the 3rd pin to the ecu as shown in diagram ive noticed that a10 and a14 on ecu loom plug are blank so I need to put pins in there am i correct? and wire it to my ignition loom wires for cylinder 1 2 3 and 4 in the correct firing order 

Donot do it in firing order, the ECU takes care of that.  Ign 1 goes to cyl 1, ign 2 goes to cyl 2, etc.

14 hours ago, Ftptegforever01 said:

Next I've made the 12v wire from each coil on the last pin I've used a pinout diagram to ensure I've got the wires connected to the right pins now what I'm confused on is wiring this part its gotta be to a switched 12v source ive seen that the obd1 B series dizzy plug that runs 2 wires one for rpm and the other is for ignition output do I leave this plugged in and just patch my wiring into it for 12v switched source and can I connect rpm and ign output togeather with the 12v wiring from coils or do I connect 12v switch source to rpm wire and the ignition output to the ignition output wires for the coils? This is the main part I'm stuck on 

Hard to understand what you are on about here... The coils will need a switched 12V power supply.  It will need to be capable of reasonable current, say 15A or so.  You should be able to use the 12V wire from the 2pin plug on the dizzy if it is big enough to supply that amount of current. The two pin plug should no longer be connected to the distributor as that was there only for the original single coil.  

The tacho will no longer work when you change to COP.  Your tacho will be a "high level" type that was designed to connect directly to the coil so will need a "tacho booster" connected to an aux output on the ECU to make the tacho work.