Help required 1uz-FE on Link atom

Rossco.

So, as above help required! 

I have a 1uzfe powered bmw e36, built for drifting. I was on track on sat evening and all was going good for the first 5-6 runs. Then something strange happened with my ECU.. all of my sensors are reading maximum everything.... now I had the guy from Link UK have a look at it and he has suggested common ground may be the issue. I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever had this issue? 

Ill attach A pic of my laptop screen to show this. The car will still start but fuels in the 8.9-9.3 area so I’m guessing the ECU has went into a ‘safe mode’ I dunno I’m slightly confused by the whole thing! Haha 

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks alot

Ross

66E51ED6-DA41-4222-B35C-BF8BC150566D.thumb.jpeg.92861db3072330a861654bc1c9800ba0.jpeg

It sounds like your sensor ground wire might have a break between the ECU and the sensors.

Try unplugging the ECU connector, and measure the resistance between pin 24 (sensor ground) and the engines sensor ground pins on the TPS or the ECT sensor.  Pin 7 is also sensor ground but I use that exclusively for triggers.

While its unplugged check you have low resistance between power ground pins 25/34  and the engine block (or head).  I'm guessing these are OK as the ECU powers up

HTH,

Richard.

8 hours ago, Richard Hill said:

It sounds like your sensor ground wire might have a break between the ECU and the sensors.

Try unplugging the ECU connector, and measure the resistance between pin 24 (sensor ground) and the engines sensor ground pins on the TPS or the ECT sensor.  Pin 7 is also sensor ground but I use that exclusively for triggers.

While its unplugged check you have low resistance between power ground pins 25/34  and the engine block (or head).  I'm guessing these are OK as the ECU powers up

HTH,

Richard.

The car is going back to my wiring guy this week so he will have a look at that for me. Thanks for your input! 

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

Have a look at the 5V out runtime in the ECU status tab, if it is not very close to 5V you have a short in your 5V line somewhere.  This would probably give the symptoms you see here.  

TVeUdtn.png

Thanks for that Adam, I’ll have a look and report back if I find anything 

Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, update on what the issue was. 

Got my guy that wired the ECU for me to check everything. All was okay. So posted the ECU off to my local link dealer to test. The sent it straight back to HQ for further testing & repair. Turns out the 5v chip had de soildered it’s self fromthe board. All sorted within a week and sent back to me today hopefully! 

Id just like to say a thanks to dave and Kieran from Link uk&Ireland as they were a massive help! And the service link provide is extremely efficient 

top job guys!