G4+ Fault Codes In Impreza 99

simba7

Hi

I have my check engine light on my car. My vehicle is idling rough below 1000RPM. I have a MAF less tune set up. It suddenly stopped accelerating past a few thousand revs I plugged my link cable in and ran the program.

It displayed 1 fault code which was An V3 At Ground. I cleared this code and it never reappeared but the check engine light flag is still set to on when running the program.

I have attached my log file on idle and you can see me revving it.

Does anyone know what this could mean and if swap my ECU for the original would the original still work and show me the faults?

Thanks

Log 2018-07-19 10;47;13 pm.llg

If its turbo then it will need a MAP sensor connected and working.  MAFless is normal but MAP is needed if it is boosted.  I dont know these cars well, but google images suggest you will find it around the strut tower somewhere, it should have a hose that connects to the intake manifold.

9Dad8fX.jpg

I think this image shows the earlier models. Mine is 99-00 which has a MAF sensor from Stock.

Perhaps an aftermarket MAP has been installed near the throttle body on mine.

I will take a look at this. If you look at my log, you can see that it is getting a voltage of 2.26V. Does that mean it is working?

Also looking at my Lambda sensor readings, what can you see?

Thanks

1 hour ago, simba7 said:

I think this image shows the earlier models. Mine is 99-00 which has a MAF sensor from Stock.

All WRX's (well at least up to 2007), have both a MAP and a MAF from the factory.  As far as I know all of the GC chassis had it seperate from the engine with a hose connecting it to the manifold just like my photo shows.  The "new gen" cars GD/GG chassis changed to a sensor that bolted direct to the manifold.

1 hour ago, simba7 said:

If you look at my log, you can see that it is getting a voltage of 2.26V. Does that mean it is working?

That means there is a sensor connected to the ecu so we know it has one, but the problem is it's pressure reading is wrong and doesnt change when you start the engine.  So either the sensor is faulty or the hose is off.

1 hour ago, simba7 said:

Also looking at my Lambda sensor readings, what can you see?

Nothing, you dont even have a lambda connected by the looks. 

Thanks for your response Adam.

I have a GC Classic 99 Turbo non WRX. I will look for the MAP sensor. The hose

I still physically have a Lambda connected from Stock but I dont know if the ECU was tuned with it in mind. How would I check this?

Can it be the Lambda also?

Thanks