Fury CAN issue

DSORDA

Hey Guys,

Just having a wee issue setting up some CAN settings between the Fury, AIM MXL dash, Motec PDM and keypad. I've previously had the Fury and the Dash working faultlessly, and only started acting up when the new settings were put in for the PDM and keypad, so something is conflicting.

The keypad works fine, and all the keypresses are working accordingly to activate boost tables, antilag etc etc.

The issue is, the Dash will not display live data any more. It will merely display a 'snipit' of the data upon power-up, and stay at that value unchanged. This is for all channels I have displayed through the Dash from the ecu, speed, oil pressure, fuel pressure etc etc.

My only guess is its something conflicting in the new CAN settings, but I'm a bit out of my depth with CAN protocol. If someone can spot anything obvious in my settings, that'd be great. AIM MXL settings have all been used as per the help file. Only thing to note is the CAN has been hardwired to CAN2 (B Plug loom) and I tried a 10Hz transmit rate as per another thread, with no success

Cheers

Ian

DSORDA CAN Issue.pclr

I dont see much wrong with your ECU setup, except for very old firmware...  My only other thought is perhaps the PDM or Keypad is sending a message out on an ID that is clashing with the dash.  Can you attach your PDM config?

In PDM global setup/CAN Inputs you have message 0 set up with an ID of 3E8 (1000dec), it doesnt look like you are using this for anything.  Can you try removing this?

PRZRYju.png

20 minutes ago, DSORDA said:

First thing I did was check for firmware updates, and was met with the message I was already on the latest firmware V5.6.1?

The most recent firmware is 5.6.5.3389, can you go to help>about and check the PCLink version, if it is not 5.6.5.3338, then download the latest from our website. 

Sorry Adam, I thought the latest firware would have been visable through my current version of PC Link. Downloaded the latest from the website and updated the firmware to the current.

The firmware update didn't affect the CAN issue. Went ahead and changed the Message 0 "3E8" to zero as suggested, no change. Also tried disabling the channel, also no change. Both of these changes were loaded to the PDM, power cycled etc

103926779_CANMessage0Disabled.jpg.eff6359a811ee02f3da624c23c2abc6a.jpg

Unfortunatly I can't unplug the PDM or Keypad, as dash/ecu is all powered by PDM and ignition on is controlled through the keypad (No ignition key).

The best I was able to do is disable channel 2 & 3, but keep Channel 1 Generic Dash alive, but still no live data displayed on dash (Ecu store, power cycle etc)

10 hours ago, DSORDA said:

So something must be clashing on CAN2 ??

It seems that way but I think the old MXL's are a bit temperamental with their CAN too.  I remember guys in the past having problems with them where if several devices are on the same bus they would sometimes not work depending on which device booted up first etc.

Unfortunately I cant open your dash config for some reason, RS2 just crashes when I load it.  I can load a couple of .cfz files I had sitting around from other customers ok? 

Are you sure the Keypad is 1Mbit?  I know some were 500Kbit...

23 hours ago, Adamw said:

I remember guys in the past having problems with them where if several devices are on the same bus they would sometimes not work depending on which device booted up first etc.

Funny you say that. There would be times where you would power on, and it would display no values from the ecu at all. Then power off, power on and it would show the "snipit" value.

I've conceded defeat, and ran a seperate cable for the dash to the CAN1 port of the ecu. Powered up and displays everything perfectly as the last time it was wired. PDM and keypad run off CAN2 and work perfectly as prior, all keypresses configured in the Link fine.

We had wondered if it were something to do with the Link and Motec being 1m/500k. Everything in the PDM software and PClink showed no errors on the Canbus though at any time though. Really weird

10 hours ago, DSORDA said:

We had wondered if it were something to do with the Link and Motec being 1m/500k. Everything in the PDM software and PClink showed no errors on the Canbus though at any time though. Really weird

You can not mix different speed devices on the same bus.