digital inputs holding on for approx .5sec

banaro

Hi,  key on, not running, i noticed that if you apply a very short duration 12volt input from a trans brake button, maybe 0.1sec, although the input is registered immediately on the runtime values window, most of the time the input is not cleared for approximately 0.5 sec and directly impacts further processing of this input.

The input clears imediately and is reliable if the input duration is 0.5sec.

Have not had a chance to test this issue when engine is running.

Is this a known issue, and can you confirm it will do the same when running

Thanks

Juan

I would say you are just seeing some sort of display effect, latency/update rate kind of thing, the actual processing of the input hardware wise will be almost instant, they are sampled and updated internally at 500Hz from memory.

What are you trying to do, bump/creep?

Hi Adam, i wish,  i processed the DI out an Aux, to control a solinoid, and if you hold the input micro switch down for  0.5 sec it releases immediatly each time, but if you reduce the duration to just a touch of the switch, the input and solinoid holds for about .5sec most times.

Have a light on the switch so know it is not sticking

Juan

Hi Adam,

Following our emails and your confirmation that this problem is real, I moved the critical Transbrake operation from DI 12 to DI 4 as you suggested as the lower 8 are not effected, all good. At the same time I moved about 6 AUX outputs around to overcome some functional limitations, and static tested each as fine. Today when I fired up  and loaded to car to go racing tomorrow the car will no longer turn off via the ignition switch, but the anti theft switch will turn it off, I checked run time values and the ignition input is going on and off with the ignition switch, but the engine keeps running, it did turn off 1 in 6 attempts, any ideas

Thanks

Juan

Checked all aux outputs, none have 12v back feeds, all are supplied from the main relay, controlled but the ecu, the ecu is holding main relay on.

When i use the anti theft input to shut the engine down, the ecu then shuts down about 0.3sec later.

Any other possibilities?

I could use an engine protection rpm table to rpm limit to 0 when ignition = off, but its not fixing it.

Juan

Ecu logged battery volts remains at 12.8 after ign turn off, which suggests the ecu is not opening the main relay?

Even though the ecu run time value page reports that the ignition is off and on at the right times, although your diagrams suggest the following method of connection, is it possible that a 12v ign on, and an open circuit off, and no pull up selected, is an unreliable off state?

The reason i say this is for the anti theft input I found that using di13 with a 12v and open cct for low, no pullup, low is indeterminate and no good, could this be the same with ignition on

If the state is changing in the runtimes the DI is happy.

Just realized this is on a thunder and the hold power control is an independent circuit. So a Di is not needed the Ignition switch signal should go to the dedicated pin in the C plug.

17 hours ago, augusto said:

Use a diode in parallel with the coil of the solenoid or relay.
To discharge the electromotive force accumulated in the coil, forming an L - C circuit. This way you will turn off your solenoid or relay faster.
I already had this problem with boost control solenoid grimmspeed.
Augusto.

Banaro's problem was firmware related.  

Note that our Aux outputs already have flywheel diodes fitted internally.  Only the fuel or ignition outputs dont, but usually for a common relay or boost valve there is not enough inductance for this to be a problem, for idle valves connected to an injector or ign output we suggest an external diode..