TechDave

[UPDATE] PCLink 5.6.6.3564 (on hold)

On 1/5/2019 at 2:29 AM, tigerli529 said:

omg! my ecu is 5.6.6.3557,but my pc only 5.6.5,so, Who can help me give me a 5.6.6 link

Send an email to tech@linkecu.com and we can get you sorted. Or alternatively you can roll back the firmware to 5.6.5 using the 5.6.5 pclink. (firmware can be changed with our PC link not needing to connect)

On 1/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, Simon said:

Or alternatively you can roll back the firmware to 5.6.5 using the 5.6.5 pclink. (firmware can be changed with our PC link needing to connect.

Sorry, can you explain how? I didn't think you could connect to a newer firmware with an older version.

3 minutes ago, Richard Hill said:

Sorry, can you explain how? I didn't think you could connect to a newer firmware with an older version.

It’s exactly the same process as doing a firmware update, just you choose an older version from the selection box.  So, open up pc link but donot connect, if you use auto connect then just click ok to the pop up that tells you the software is version is too old or whatever.  Then ecu controls>update firmware as per normal.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

It’s exactly the same process as doing a firmware update, just you choose an older version from the selection box.  So, open up pc link but donot connect, if you use auto connect then just click ok to the pop up that tells you the software is version is too old or whatever.  Then ecu controls>update firmware as per normal.

Brilliant, that's useful to know.

Thanks.

Hello

Do you think possible with the firmware will be  ECU calculate the consumption of fuel?

We enter the capacity of fuel we put on car and the ecu calculate how much is used?

Motec & Magneti Marelli have this function.

thanks in advance

On 8/29/2018 at 2:38 PM, Simon said:

Hi all

We have found that the 5.6.6 software is not happy connecting to firmware versions prior to 5.6.5. and the tune can be lost if not saved prior in PC link 5.6.5. 

We have decided to remove this update from the website for the time until we can resolve the issue. 

Really glad I checked here 6 months after downloading and updating to 5.6.6; about to plug into a racecar this weekend and do not want this to happen. That would have made my day.

I install as updates come out so I always have a version to connect to clients cars that don't come from me. I never saw any email saying to not use it, or did I get one and only had a man look...?

Luckily I checked the Downloads page against my version to see if I had latest, was wondering why I'd have a newer one... and then found this thread. :unsure: Not cool.

13 hours ago, rtwx said:

Really glad I checked here 6 months after downloading and updating to 5.6.6; about to plug into a racecar this weekend and do not want this to happen. That would have made my day.

I install as updates come out so I always have a version to connect to clients cars that don't come from me. I never saw any email saying to not use it, or did I get one and only had a man look...?

Luckily I checked the Downloads page against my version to see if I had latest, was wondering why I'd have a newer one... and then found this thread. :unsure: Not cool.

If you have already updated you will be fine, I upgraded over 25 customers to this version before it was pulled, always back up your map before doping firmware updates.

7 hours ago, EvilEvolution8 said:

Great!

Have you a list of changes...new features...fixes...etc etc ?

Thanks

they're listed in the help file with the new version