[UPDATE] PCLink 5.6.6.3564 (on hold)

TechDave

Hey everyone, 

I know you've been hanging out for this one.

PCLink Version 5.6.6 3564 (DLL rev 3544) 15/08/2018

New Features

• Right Mouse Click on a time plot to add a marker or section.
  • File Directory tab in Options window lets the user specify a folder to always load from/save to
  • Hinged axis titles in Surface View.
  • Locked Surface view (similar to old surface view behaviour)
  • Chinese language added coming soon
  • Spanish language added also coming soon

Changes

• Some lists have had their default layout changed (alphabetical still works)
  • Minor improvements to the Logging Setup window.
  • Minor improvements to parameter selection.
  • Improved b marker drawing on the time plot.
  • Changed how parameter colours are named (see Parameter Menu and Setting up a Dial Gauges Runtime Values for details).
  • Improved consistency of keyboard shortcut keys across PCLink.
  • Searching CAN Parameters now takes into account transmit/receive filter.

Fixes

• Fixed few bugs with saving log files and holding F8 key.
  • Fixed bug in Aux Output where Diff Fuel Pressure was not triggering correctly.
  • Fixed bug with compare file and cell colours not changing.
  • Fixed bug where PCLink would crash if the computer (laptop) was put to sleep.
  • Fixed Cal tables 1-3 from wrapping around when output table start is set to a -ve number.
  • FP Speed Table now resizes correctly when double clicked.
  • DI14 now displays wheel speed label properly.
  • Imperial units in table axis setup improved.
  • Surface Graph fixed for Nvidia graphics chipsets.

G4+ Firmware Version 5.6.6.3557 – 15/08/2018

New Features

• Added trigger modes for LS2 with moved cam sensor, Rover K series with CAM sync, Nissan VQ35HR and Mitsubishi Colt 4g15.
  • Added Astra CAN mode.
  • Added Single-Point Every TDC Injection Mode to activate all injectors on every TDC for throttle body injection kits.
  • Added CAN stream for Link AIM MXS Strada Dash.

Changes

• Added 3D tables option to Closed Loop Lambda FTrim Limit.
  • Added options to GPOutputs.
  • Added Cruise Control power toggle switch mode.

Fixes

• Remove unused settings from Kurofune and Monsoon.
  • CLL dual channel mode now controls the second bank.
  • AFR average is now averaged correctly.
  • Add 3D Secondary Injection Deadtime table.
  • Fuel Pump FP table now interpolates correctly.
  • Knock Control High RPM lockout has been increased.
  • Gear Status can now be written from CAN input.
  • Fuel pump mode “80Hz 33/66/100 %DC” now reports duty cycle correctly.
  • Cylinders 9-12 now trigger injectors when configured as Semi-Sequential Injection.
  • Solenoid Idle Speed Control now shows status correctly.
  • Stepper Idle Speed Control now stops at the Minimum Clamp.

As always, make sure you save your basemap, do the firmware update, load your basemap, then do a compare to check changes.

https://www.linkecu.com/software-support/pc-link-downloads/

Post any issues you have here, rather than starting new threads, or my favourite, at the bottom of a completely unrelated thread.

Setting up a new Atom with the new software and mostly manually converting a v44 PCL i am finding ign 4 will not turn on , anyone else seeing this ?

Update i tried a Atom sample PCL and had no problem changing the ign 1-4 status  but must be a conflict after loading the V44 PCL and then trying to change the things that didnt update or defaulted to base G4+ settings 

Looks like i will just have to start from scratch and cut and paste a lot ;)

Edited by Greg W

On 8/16/2018 at 9:45 AM, Greg W said:

Setting up a new Atom with the new software and mostly manually converting a v44 PCL i am finding ign 4 will not turn on , anyone else seeing this ?

Update i tried a Atom sample PCL and had no problem changing the ign 1-4 status  but must be a conflict after loading the V44 PCL and then trying to change the things that didnt update or defaulted to base G4+ settings 

Looks like i will just have to start from scratch and cut and paste a lot ;)

The ignition channels will only be assigned when you load the file into a live ecu.  It’s not clear if that’s what you are doing?  Did the pcl not already have ign 4 enabled?

Sample obviously is just that and not usable as a starting point, had better use of an existing G4+ PCL , let me modify stuff like injector type and ign  enabling that the sample wouldnt 

Vipec PCL was loaded into a powered but locked Monsoon, (still waiting on an unlock to be sent ) and it seemed to load ok but later the file showed so much did not load correctly ,

and was also getting a locked ecu message on a new Atom PCL  that would not let me adjust anything even though i was not connected to an ecu

2 hours ago, motor said:

Found some new features, and some bugs "closed loop PID E-throttle" ignition timing trim control logic is reversed.

Yes sorry, that function is not ready for release yet.  It was not meant to be visible to users yet but somehow engineering forgot to hide it in the release version.  It is something they have been working on in the background but it hasnt been tested much and is likely to have problems.

is that when the screen has gone off or does the tablet go to sleep?  There's quite a few power management settings in Windows that could cause it to stop logging while the screen is off

6 hours ago, jetape said:

Simple screen off, the software is still running, the timeline is still building but the logging data freezes.  Here is a screen shot, the flat lines are when I pressed the power button to shut off the screen.  You can see the timeline continues so the software is logging but the data stream is frozen at the instance of screen off.

screenofflog.PNG

How do you make the power button only turn the screen off?  I cant see any settings to do that in my tablet, the only option is "sleep" or "do nothing".  As per JMP's comment, it appears your USB ports are being put to sleep when you press the power button.

On my tablet If I set the power button to "do nothing", and set the screen to turn off after 1 minute, then when the screen turns off logging continues recording correctly in the background and is all there when I wake the screen again.

11 hours ago, JayGow said:

Just noticed since I updated today (Fury) that Post Start Enrichment is timing out to zero enrichment before Warm Up Enrichment becomes active.

Can you send or post a copy of your map?

13 hours ago, Simon said:

Can you send or post a copy of your map?

Sorry Simon. Have done a few logs since and found that it is working ok.

Was by sheer coincidence that in both logs coolant emp was almost the same at start up, so post start timed out with the last logged value 2.x%, and warm up came on with a value of 5.x%.

On very cold start this morning it seemed to switch over fine.

Still having that issue with ecu not logging sometimes though. Seems to happen mostly after I modify the tune (which is when I really need it to log most), but not every time. Sometimes will miss the first run, other times the first 3 runs. Go to download the log and there's no log file to download.

Update didn't fix it.

On 8/25/2018 at 11:34 PM, jetape said:

Has something changed with pc log saving as far as automatic naming?  Before this updated when saving it automatically filled in the log file name with a nice timestamp, now the name is blank and you have to manually type something.  The timestamp names were really handy for quick saving without having to think about it, especially when working on a tablet where you wan to avoid typing.

I have the same issue.

On 8/26/2018 at 3:34 AM, jetape said:

Has something changed with pc log saving as far as automatic naming?  Before this updated when saving it automatically filled in the log file name with a nice timestamp, now the name is blank and you have to manually type something.  The timestamp names were really handy for quick saving without having to think about it, especially when working on a tablet where you wan to avoid typing.

13 hours ago, motor said:

I have the same issue.

Thanks for reporting, you are right, I dont think it was intended to remove the automatic file naming so I have passed this on to engineering. 

Hi all

We have found that the 5.6.6 software is not happy connecting to firmware versions prior to 5.6.5. and the tune can be lost if not saved prior in PC link 5.6.5. 

We have decided to remove this update from the website for the time until we can resolve the issue. 

G4+ firmware 5.6.6 at RX7S7 plugin have problem

I tried yesterday to My FD.

At first The REoil pump rang tightly.(IGN ON)

I tried RE Oilpump Test Mode (Full Open and Full close)

Then the degree of opening became unstable

The same symptoms were observed even if the pump was replaced.

The stepping motor does not work well.

That's it, I switched it back to the old firmware.

I will report it just in case.

7 hours ago, Takshit said:

G4+ firmware 5.6.6 at RX7S7 plugin have problem

I tried yesterday to My FD.

At first The REoil pump rang tightly.(IGN ON)

I tried RE Oilpump Test Mode (Full Open and Full close)

Then the degree of opening became unstable

The same symptoms were observed even if the pump was replaced.

The stepping motor does not work well.

That's it, I switched it back to the old firmware.

I will report it just in case.

What firmware was in your ECU prior to the change?  There have been no known changes to rotary oil pump control for many releases but it is possible if you were on something older than 5.6.5 you might have got hit by the corruption thing that Simon mentions above.  Try again once we release the fixed version (hopefully in a few days).

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

What firmware was in your ECU prior to the change?  There have been no known changes to rotary oil pump control for many releases but it is possible if you were on something older than 5.6.5 you might have got hit by the corruption thing that Simon mentions above.  Try again once we release the fixed version (hopefully in a few days).

I used before 5.6.6 and now is 5.6.5.3338 firmware.

I will try fixed version. :-)

37 minutes ago, claudiumxg said:

Which version has now the 4g15 triggers in? and where can it be downloaded to test it , because on pc link downloads is still 565.388

It is in 5.6.6.  As per Simons post above we have pulled it off the website temporarily as we have found a problem when connecting to old firmwares.  I expect it will be fixed and re-released in the next few days.