AFR, actual vs logged

Jo LeForce

There is a significant difference between actual AFR readings vs logged values via an analog input. I'm using an Innovate LM-1 to log AFR, I have programed both analog outputs on the reader to match the values of the LC-1 (0v = 0.500 Lambda / 5v = 1.523 Lambda) so I could pick the LC-1 from the calibration list. I connected the wire to AN Volt-4, grounding it to the ECU. As an example, if the LM-1 screen reads 12 AFR the logged value would be around 14.4 AFR!

Any possible causes to such issue?

Thanks

I appreciate the useful feedback guys. A couple questions:

Where is the offset table located? Is it the error values under each analog input?

If I set the lambda reader to output 2.50v for voltage testing & if the ECU, as an example sees 3v then how do you suggest I modify the offset based on such theoretical 0.5v difference? 

Would any such voltage difference stay constant throughout the logging range?

3 hours ago, Jo LeForce said:

I appreciate the useful feedback guys. A couple questions:

Where is the offset table located? Is it the error values under each analog input?

If I set the lambda reader to output 2.50v for voltage testing & if the ECU, as an example sees 3v then how do you suggest I modify the offset based on such theoretical 0.5v difference? 

Would any such voltage difference stay constant throughout the logging range?

To do this you would use a custom calibration rather than the built-in "LC1" calibration.  Usually the offset will be linear so you can set your Lambda analog input to use Cal 4, 5 or 6 then enter the appropriate Lambda Vs Volts into one of those cal tables.