Injector wiring V12

boatbloke

Just now, Adamw said:

What do those engines have for a trigger?  Is this the engine that has 2 distributors and the inductive phase sensor on 1 spark plug lead?

Thanks for the reply - The engine has 2 distributors and I think one crank sensor - and there is what I take to be an inductive sensor on one spark plug lead from each distributor.

I have had a look at other posts regarding this and whilst I cannot find anything pertaining to a V12, at the risk of proving myself to be a dumb-ass:

The firing order is 1-7-5-11-3-9-6-12-2-8-4-10

As there are four injector outputs, would I be correct in assuming that the injectors can be grouped in threes (assuming they do not draw too much current when wired together) and would be wired thus: 1-7-5, 11-3-8, 6-12-2, 8-4-10? and if this is right, is there any particular order of injector outputs these should be wired to? Please bear in mind that at this stage I am only sorting basic installation. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Since it doesnt have a cam sensor and I dont think we will be able to work with the odd inductive spark plug lead sensor to acheive 720deg sync, you will have to run injection in multigroup mode.  This will just fire all even number drives together then all odd numbered drives together.  To minimise pulsations in fuel pressure you want to group the injectors up so that you dont have all injectors in one rail all on at the same time.  So I would group them in threes assuming they are high impedance.  If they are low impedance we will have to use more drives and have a re-think. 

3 injectors on the left side of engine connected to Inj drive #1.  The other 3 injectors on the left side connected to driver 2.

3 injectors on the right side connected to inj drive #3.  The other 3 RH injectors to inj drive #4.

Settings:

Injection mode = Multi-point group.

Active Drives = Inj1-4

Injection rate = 1/2 engine cycle.

6WoZLfN.png

5 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Since it doesnt have a cam sensor and I dont think we will be able to work with the odd inductive spark plug lead sensor to acheive 720deg sync, you will have to run injection in multigroup mode.  This will just fire all even number drives together then all odd numbered drives together.  To minimise pulsations in fuel pressure you want to group the injectors up so that you dont have all injectors in one rail all on at the same time.  So I would group them in threes assuming they are high impedance.  If they are low impedance we will have to use more drives and have a re-think. 

3 injectors on the left side of engine connected to Inj drive #1.  The other 3 injectors on the left side connected to driver 2.

3 injectors on the right side connected to inj drive #3.  The other 3 RH injectors to inj drive #4.

Settings:

Injection mode = Multi-point group.

Active Drives = Inj1-4

Injection rate = 1/2 engine cycle.

6WoZLfN.png

Thank you for the reply, that seems reasonably straightforward! I will measure an injector when I get home tonight to see if they are high impedance or not. Really appreciate the support!!