turbo potentiometer

goyo

hello again I want to install a potentiometer to regulate the pressure of the turbo, could someone help me how to connect the cables? My ECU is plug & play of bmw e36 m50b25tu, and also that I have to configure in the ECU, thanks.

potenciometro-10k.jpg.e49031571ad15d8fc5279a29c50c43dc.jpg

9 hours ago, Simon said:

Pot will need a 5V supply and a ground and then the signal will be wired back to a AN volt on the ECU. (Just like wiring in a TPS sensor)

Thanks Simon for the reply.
And then how do I have to code the channel to make it work?

8 hours ago, goyo said:

Thanks Simon for the reply.
And then how do I have to code the channel to make it work?

If you're running closed loop boost control, then set your Y axis on the target table to the analog input you wire the potentiometer to.  Then change your target accordingly.  Another possible option would be to set your potentiometer input to gear position and then use the boost in gear trim table.

Hope this helps,

Richard.

54 minutes ago, Richard Hill said:

Si está ejecutando control de refuerzo de bucle cerrado, establezca su eje Y en la tabla de destino a la entrada analógica a la que conecte el potenciómetro. Luego cambia tu objetivo en consecuencia. Otra opción posible sería establecer la entrada de su potenciómetro a la posición de marcha y luego usar el impulso en la tabla de objetivos del engranaje.

Espero que esto ayude,

Ricardo.

Hello, forgive me but I do not understand it, I do not speak English and I use the translator. You could put pictures where I have to connect, sorry for the inconvenience.

As Simon mentioned, you will need to wire the output of the potentiometer to a spare analog input (with the other two pin on the pot wired to +5 Volts and sensor ground).  AN Volt 4 is shown in the example below.  Then select a spare Cal, I use 4 as it is a 2 point linear cal instead of a table.   

image.thumb.png.9094cd4cab3e203cf3681b14d3271aa2.png

Next, in the cal settings choose % as the output unit.  IT doesn't have to be %, you could leave it as 0-5 Volt raw.

image.thumb.png.b5a6f2662c85d083da3283aa00130dd3.png

I would start with open loop boost control, as you will need to find out what duty cycle is required to achieve a particular boost target.  

image.thumb.png.74f2bfb6be10acb830e02b6963a1829f.png

In the wastegate %DC table, select the an volt input as the y axis and populate the table with the %DC required for each boost step required.  In the example above I have used 50% duty cycle as maximum boost. 

That is the easy bit done!  I would suggest looking at the help file for information about setting up boost control and when you are happy with the open loop mode, progress on to closed loop boost as this will give you more consistent boost levels which will be met and maintained by the closed loop algorithm.

Regards,

Richard.