Cal table resolution

motomattx

Is there any way to increase the Cal3 table resolution beyond the 16 or so columns that are provided? I would like my input from my wideband to be able to show more values than I currently can see. Its bad enough with the AEM already since they dont have any progamable outputs like the Innovate does, you would think that the X series being newer would have at least had the ability to display E85 on the gauge with its popularity, instead though all that can be displayed is either lambda or Gasoline afr's and not in the range that the Innovate can, and also no narrowband simulation output. Sillyness. Had I not needed a new wideband I would have stuck with the Innovate and all of its ground issues.

It sounds like you are confused.  It’s a linear output, you only need two calibration points. Use cal 4,5 or 6.  The lambda range that a wideband can measure is the same no matter what fuel you are using.  Making a bigger cal table is not going to change anything.

From the data points provided by Aem in the manual it didnt look all that linear at first glance and if it is then why do they give 17 data points? also I guess what Im getting at is that i would like to be able to see lambda beyond 1.23 and it seem that is as far as I will be able to view with the AEM unit?

5 hours ago, motomattx said:

From the data points provided by Aem in the manual it didnt look all that linear at first glance and if it is then why do they give 17 data points? also I guess what Im getting at is that i would like to be able to see lambda beyond 1.23 and it seem that is as far as I will be able to view with the AEM unit?

If you connect via analog output your Lambda range will be 0.58-1.23.  Note the X-series calibration is already available in our software, no need for cal table etc.  If you connect it via CAN (recommended) the Lambda range will be 0.55-2.00.

Gotcha! thanks.

7 hours ago, ClintBHP said:

AEM's are in fact terrible i have had 2 exactly the same gauges here this week both calibrated differently and not by a small way, their sensors are also not bosch and fail very fast.

I was hoping that the new X series was much better, I checked the reviews and it won the wideband shootout so I said what the heck, I hadnt heard anything negative about them.  I was wondering if the sensor was Bosch or not, all of the ones that I have had that are Bosch say Bosch right on the metal area of the sensor, this one didnt but the plastic on the plug had the bosch symbol on it? maybe just a Bosch plug but not sensor?  This seems to clear things up some:  https://www.aemelectronics.com/forum/question-about-genuine-bosch-lsu49-sensor

The VR4 ecu has one 5pin CAN socket inside, it looks very similar to the expansion socket, just shorter.  If you want to buy the cable off us the part number is #CANPCB.  Otherwise you can source the jst connector locally and make your own connection.  Pinout below, you only want to connect the CAN H & L.

pmGCRY9.png