RPM Jumping - can not find reason

George GEP

Hello

i have really strange issue on car which was running perfectly fine, i removed ecu from car, by disconnecting both connectors of loom, connect it back and car does not start.

i see rpm signal is flactuating badly 

what i tried so far:

1) replaced crank sensor 4 times

2) checked gap between sensor and trigger wheel (0.8mm)

3) checked cam trigger signal 

4) disconnected all sensors from car (map, pressure sensors) also including fuel pump relay 

5) reloaded tune again and stored it

6) tried to play with rpm filtering and trigger filtering 

7) turned off injectors

8) turned off ignition coils

9) changed wiring from trigger1 to ecu

10) checked 5v to trigger 1 sensor - all good and does not disappear when cranking

11) checked ground and checked signal wires also rewired but still same

datalogged

captured via trigger scope

nothing helped so far...

here are all kind of logs and screens

please kindly see and suggest what im missing here...

trigger1.jpg

trigger2.jpg

trigger-log.llg

trigger-setupv2-trig2off.pclr

Trigger Scope Log 2018-09-20 5;24;55-v2 pm.llg

I have also been discussing this with George via our tech support skype.  The trigger capture looks good but it still it has massive trigger errors.  I have given him a couple of ideas to try and he has another ecu to try also.  I will update this once we work out what is going on.

tried: 
triggerscope - looks fine
tried setting trig 2 sync mode to "none" - still same
checked one by one trigger sensors and replaced both sensors few times
rewired sensors directly from ecu to sensor separately to exclude any mechanical issues - still same
Adamw told me to check for broken sensor ground wire - jumpered both sensor grounds on ecu and still same.
upgraded firmware in ecu, loaded tune file in ecu, went through all settings - still same , cranks and shows crazy rpm figures
copied same tune file to another ecu, and car fired up nicely and runs smoothly, no rpm issues at all.
put old ecu back, still same rpm issue.

there was no work done on car, it was just parked and for no reason started to act like that. never seen anything like that.

what do you mean by this?

4 hours ago, George GEP said:
copied same tune file to another ecu, and car fired up nicely and runs smoothly, no rpm issues at all.
put old ecu back, still same rpm issue.

Did you swap out your ECU for another one, but put the same config on it (so same car/wiring/config, just different ECU), or did you put your config into a mates car+ecu? (so different wiring/car/engine)

1 hour ago, cj said:

what do you mean by this?

Did you swap out your ECU for another one, but put the same config on it (so same car/wiring/config, just different ECU), or did you put your config into a mates car+ecu? (so different wiring/car/engine)

i put different ecu on same car and copied tune from ecu with rpm issues to another one.. so now car runs just fine as before...

Have a look into the sockets on your ECU and make sure there are no bent pins, bits of metal, corrosion, etc. If it looks all ok, you might want to talk to the link guys about a warranty repair.

If you can put another ECU in with the same tune, that proves your wiring+engine+config is correct and its something different between your ECU and the test one.