What IAT Sensor works best for my needs? 1999 Silvia S15

Nerd Media

Hi all,

I have a 1999 Nissan Silvia S15 (SR20det) and I will be installing a LinkECU G4+ plugin ECU in a couple of months.

I'd like to run a IAT Sensor however im unsure which one would appropriate based on the options available on the LinkEcu website.

http://dealers.linkecu.com/IAT1-8_2

Or...

http://dealers.linkecu.com/IATB_2

Any ideas?

As for wiring, could I use the MAF sensor wiring? alternatively what would be the best way to wire it all up to the ecu? I do have the XL loom (As im also running: oil temp, oil pressure fuel pressure). 

Dane

20180922_165924.jpg

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

The IATB is my pick as far as response goes but it is the harder one to mount.

Wiring wise one side of sensor to sensor ground and the other needs to head to a AN temp input.

Thanks for the info, im assuming the sensor has to be parallel to to the flow of air so it can be tricky to line it up right?

5 hours ago, Nerd Media said:

im assuming the sensor has to be parallel to to the flow of air so it can be tricky to line it up right?

I dont think the orientation is too critical.  I think probably more what Simon was talking about when he said "harder to mount" is the threaded sensors just need a tapped hole.  Whereas the plastic Bosch sensor needs a smooth reamed hole (for o-ring), as well as a flat machined mounting boss and a drilled/tapped hole.

We do sell weld on bosses for mounting this sensor for those that dont have machining facilities:  http://dealers.linkecu.com/IATBMA_2

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

I dont think the orientation is too critical.  I think probably more what Simon was talking about when he said "harder to mount" is the threaded sensors just need a tapped hole.  Whereas the plastic Bosch sensor needs a smooth reamed hole (for o-ring), as well as a flat machined mounting boss and a drilled/tapped hole.

We do sell weld on bosses for mounting this sensor for those that dont have machining facilities:  http://dealers.linkecu.com/IATBMA_2

I gotcha, Thanks for the clarification.

What's the difference between the two sensors LinkECU sells? 

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yep identical in as much as the ground and signal come and go from same points. (plugs are different)

ok, great! Does the Sensor come with any wiring if purchased via LinkECU? or is that something I will need to purchase separately? If so, any ideas where? Thanks again!

16 hours ago, Adamw said:

You said at the beginning you already had an XS loom, that has two temp inputs available so you can connect your air temp to one of the temp wires and your oil temp to the other.

Oh, I wasnt aware that was how it functioned, its still sitting in its packaging haha!

How many pressure sensor inputs does that XS loom have?

• 9 months later...
On 9/29/2018 at 8:04 AM, Adamw said:

The S15 ecu has two expansion ports.  Expansion connector 1 has the 2 temp inputs and 2 volt inputs, your pressure sensors connect to volt inputs.  If you need more than that there are another 4 volt inputs on expansion connector 2.

MZThUWB.png

So to wire an IAT sensor on an s15, you take 1 wire from the sensor ground and one wire to the An Temp 3 input? Is there no way that the factory MAF wiring can be utilised? 

Cheers mate