Software to use

Jamesn

Sorry just read that have put this in wrong section. 

Hey guys new to the link ecu community. Had my link installed in my 88 ford courier running an rb20det. Took out engine and repainted and put back in, pluged all in to find its not going. I do notice a blue light comes on then flashes a few times and repeated. I have spark and fuel but guessing this could be why its not running.

My question is what would this blue light mean and also i never got a cd to instal pc link software.am i able to download this to maybe view data on that and may have the problem 

Many thanks James

Hey guys have a link g4+ atom PCB REV V1.4 serial 32166 just woundering correct software to download. Have trued a couole but they seam to not want to connect to ecu. Also do you need special cable or one that fits the ecu will be fine? Cheers James

Have lnly just discovered the light flashing today so all new to me. Have only downloaded software but on desktop so will have to sort out a longer usb cable. Will update when have plugged it in to see. Of it is this is there a way to stop the flashing? Cheers

If you install the software and connect the ECU , once online with the ECU the map will automatically load.  Then, look down the left hand side and expand the analogue inputs tree.  Have a look at the an volt 5 function and see what it is assigned to. That might shed some light on the fault.  Also, there is a drop down menu to see the fault codes.

Managed to sort out grounding issue and got ute to start. My question is as soon as it fired up it reved right to limiter pretty much (dont have a tacho but pretty much sounded that way) i turned the tps either way to see if throttle was held open and still same issue. Would there be a setting i need to change to sort this out? Have attatched a pic of last reading noticing the tp main is at 52.6%. Cheers james

Snapchat-1790487650.jpg

If the engine can rev that high then there must be air getting past the throttle.  Either the throttle blade is stuck partially open or you have a large air leak somewhere in the manifold.  Since the tps is showing an odd number I would be most suspicious that the throttle is open.  Pull the intake pipe off and have a look what is going on.

• 4 years later...

Hey guys, I had a check engine light come on, its a link G4X ecu, it flashed 12 times then 3 times, or 3 times then 12 times, any ideas? I cleared it and hasn't came back but would be good to know what it was, happened after I floored it.

On 8/4/2023 at 5:36 PM, hank said:

Hey guys, I had a check engine light come on, its a link G4X ecu, it flashed 12 times then 3 times, or 3 times then 12 times, any ideas? I cleared it and hasn't came back but would be good to know what it was, happened after I floored it.

You've posted in the G4+ part of the forum not the G4X part of the forum and should probably have started your own thread but open the PCLink G4X software, open the help manual and have a read of the ECU fault codes page. If the fault is for a specific input pin then you'll need to figure out what that pin is doing by connecting your computer to the ECU or it is a plugin ECU you might be able to get an indication of what it does based on that plugin's pinout.

Capture.PNG