Nissan z32/rb25 ECT calibration?

SidewayzSkyvia

Ok, so I have my n300+ setup and running in my car. Calibrated the AEM wideband, setup the GM iat sensor. Those seem to be working fine. But I'm still using the oem ECT sensor. And no preset calibrations seem to work properly. 

So I was wondering if I'm missing something or if I need to make my own Cal table? Or does anybody know if there is a recommended sensor to use that will fit my engine? If my research has done me right I believe the thread size is m12x1.75. 

Thanks. 

They use the standard Bosch NTC calibration.  If its not reading correct when set to Std Bosch NTC then I would remove it and measure its resistance.  It should be about 2.5Kohms at normal room temp (20deg C).

Im pretty sure the thread will be M12 x 1.5 which is pretty common ECT sensor format.

Ok I'll measure it when I get some time tomorrow. It's not acting crazy. It just doesn't seem like it's accurate because it was idling for around 30 min and was only around 162*f, So 70ish C. Probably is a bad sensor but it's always nice to get a sanity check from someone else. Especially being so new to this ECU. 

if you leave it overnight, does it show a value that seems within a couple deg of ambient? 70C isnt completely out of the ballpark if you have lots of coolant to heat up or a cold day or your fans are on etc, or if you've got something funny going on with your thermostat or the placement of the sensor.

Ok so I haven't been able to test sensor yet as my multimeter has decided it doesn't want to work. But I started the car again today and now it has a weird random misfire. It will mis a bit. Then the idle will wander, afr changes from 13.5 to around 15 and then back. If I richen it up to around 12:1 though it doesn't misfire anymore. My aem gauge and the ECU both reporting same readings within .1-.3 of each other. 

This thing keeps throwing me through a loop. 

Here's a log if anybody wants to take a look and see if you can see if it's a tune issue or just my crappy car. 

misfire idle.llg

Closed loop lambda is bouncing around at idle, I would adjust the lockouts so its not working at idle.  It looks like you have quite large injectors so it may not be happy idling at stoich, just give it what it wants.  

Your alternator is not working either which may influence the tune if deadtimes arent accurate.

IAT isnt working.