Sign in to follow this  
loockheed

water meth injection

As a complete novice to this I would like to ask the panel which kit works the best for my link g4 , I will ask my mapper but would like to be fore armed with some good info so I can speak to him with some good understanding of the subject . the ecu is a g4plus on 2.2 cdb stroked to 2.35 Subaru.

thanks in advance

I've also got a impreza ej20 v2. With the aem meth kit. I've yet to link it upto the g4+ yet, but pretty sure you can set it up so when it fails (I had a faulty wiring harness which caused intermittent cutouts) you can set it up as a input to give you a different boost/fuel table. There's probably a whole load of options and I'd be interested in seeing what any else has done. 

I have water/meth setup controlled by the ecu ( g4+) ... the ecu drives the pump via a SSR and  I have it setup so that if the water/meth flow drops, tank gets below a set level or I just have it turned off, the ecu switches to a "safe" Fuel/Ignition and Boost table. When the tune is finished I can let you know how well it works or dosn't ;-)

19 hours ago, lostsoul said:

I have water/meth setup controlled by the ecu ( g4+) ... the ecu drives the pump via a SSR and  I have it setup so that if the water/meth flow drops, tank gets below a set level or I just have it turned off, the ecu switches to a "safe" Fuel/Ignition and Boost table. When the tune is finished I can let you know how well it works or dosn't ;-)

Which kit do you have ? I can get hold of aqua mist or devils own with out a faf . I would imagine that there are preferences .

Most kits are very similar...so really whatever takes your fancy.

If totally standalone, Aquamist is probably one of the better setups. But Prometh in the US is popular too, or Alky Control.

I'd avoid the push fit pneumatic fittings most use though. Yes they are very handy, but inevitably they will always leak over time and possibly fail. Or if you must use them, be prepared to change fittings every year for example as a maintenance measure.

Or it is easy enough to DIY build your own kit and control it from the ecu.