Altezza Rs200

lity

Hi Links,

I've a Altezza rs200 manual with the premium throttle body kit. But the DBW (drive by wire) I suspect is not working properly. The engine can't idle, engine light is on.

But given that i've the premium kit -  the throttle can be fully manage by cable.  Only problem it will report error back to the stock ecu .

If going with the link ecu (LINKs G4 plus) - can it by pass the DBW ?  and can it idle ? generally will it fix this issue ...

thxs

Premium throttle body -  will convert the operation method of the throttle body providing the user with more direct control. By eliminating the communication between the acceleration position sensor, computer and throttle position sensor more direct control of the throttle body can be achieved. In addition, the automatic closure of the throttle body as communicated by the computer to the TPS can also be avoided further providing better control during sports driving. Along with improved response and sound this item has been developed to further improve the driving experience.  https://www.rhdjapan.com/premium-japan-throttle-convert-kit-sxe10-altezza.html

The "premium throttle kit" just sounds like a bad idea to me.  It appears it just disconnects the motor so that the throttle is no longer electronic, it is controlled by cable only.

The Altezza uses the electronic throttle to control the idle so as you have found with this device fitted you will have no control of idle.

With a Link ECU fitted you will be able to make some adjustments to improve idle (idle ignition control) but it is not going to work as well as the factory setup with electronic throttle.

If it were me I would remove the premium kit and fix the original electronic throttle.

The altezza stock throttle body is known to be problematic after a while.  Especially the idling , and quite costly to replace new.  Looking  to improve the situation  via "links'  ecu ....  last resort to go with ITB ...  but with stock engine - the improvements are minimal.    Any idea ?

You will be able to get some improvement with a Link as you will be able to use idle ignition control, however that is not going to be a complete solution, for good road car manners, cold start etc,  you really need to be able to bypass some air, that can be via DBW or an idle valve.  It maybe an easy option to fit a common Bosch idle valve somewhere.