G4+ monsoon aux and DI

Dadoulis Paschalis

Hi all

After so many years with my lem g3 I may be thinking of selling it (open to offers in fact:) ) and upgrading to g4+ monsoon or storm as I need sone more Digital Inputs for now. My only concern is the aux, now on the g3 there are 8 and if I remember correctly when I use the only DI I can't use aux 4, in total I need 6 so monsoon covers me (6 in total) but is there any conflicting aux with di in monsoon as there was in g3?

Thanks

There are no shared pins on the Monsoon so you can use all 6 Aux outputs and 4 DI's at the same time.  Also if you run wasted spark ignition you can assign any spare ignition drives to work as aux outputs if you run short.

Be aware the main thing missing from the Monsoon compared to the LEM G3 is the monsoon cant do a stepper motor idle valve, it can do solenoid type only.

30 minutes ago, Adamw said:

There are no shared pins on the Monsoon so you can use all 6 Aux outputs and 4 DI's at the same time.  Also if you run wasted spark ignition you can assign any spare ignition drives to work as aux outputs if you run short.

Be aware the main thing missing from the Monsoon compared to the LEM G3 is the monsoon cant do a stepper motor idle valve, it can do solenoid type only.

Ouaou....where was this written as a note at least? :) Anyways...I'm running solenoid type so I guess I'll be ok! Thanks for your fast response! Is there any pdf manual for the g4+ either monsoon or storm concerning the wiring as back in the old days of the g3 ?

Also LoadInputs in G3 are AnVolt now in G4+?

15 minutes ago, Dadoulis Paschalis said:

Is there any pdf manual for the g4+ either monsoon or storm concerning the wiring as back in the old days of the g3 ?

The best resource is the help file in PCLink as its searchable and has table of contents etc.  We no longer do PDF versions as they were too big and difficult to use, the last PDF version I have is 3 years old so doesnt have the Monsoon in it.

44 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The best resource is the help file in PCLink as its searchable and has table of contents etc.  We no longer do PDF versions as they were too big and difficult to use, the last PDF version I have is 3 years old so doesnt have the Monsoon in it.

If  I choose storm, map sensor will have to be purchased seperately, it only takes one Analog Voltage input concerning the wiring?

I think one "last" question hopefully...can I remove unneeded pins from the looms? Please don't advice me to buy the pins and terminals seperately, because it will be too hard for me to find the coloured cables seperately...so can the pins with the cables be removed from the connectors?

If you mean the A or B loom then yes , just push the white tag on the side of the connector until it clicks, and then pull the cable out the back with the pin.  When you've finished adding or removing wires, push the double white tags on the other side to lock.

HTH

14 hours ago, neil brown said:

Moonsoon ecu stepper motor idle valve won’t work it 

Does include Subaru ver 4 idle valve  adamw ?

The V4 WRX just uses a 3 wire solenoid valve, not a stepper motor, so the Monsoon will do that fine.

On 10/28/2018 at 9:58 AM, Adamw said:

I'm trying to prepare and explore the new pclink for the g4+ and I'm using the monsoon or the storm sample file and I'm trying to transfer my settings...I've also used the older pclink for the older storm g4..

In VirtualAux when I use the GPOutput in G4 Pclink I can use in the condition 1 the digital 1 input for example and in condition 2 I can use the digital 2 input, so when DI 1 is on and DI 2 is off I'll switch an ignition map, but I can't do the same on last pclink for the g4+ (either monsoon or storm), there isn't any DI Value 2 on the list of condition 1 or condition 2.....true or false? Can you help?

14 hours ago, Dadoulis Paschalis said:

In VirtualAux when I use the GPOutput in G4 Pclink I can use in the condition 1 the digital 1 input for example and in condition 2 I can use the digital 2 input, so when DI 1 is on and DI 2 is off I'll switch an ignition map, but I can't do the same on last pclink for the g4+ (either monsoon or storm), there isn't any DI Value 2 on the list of condition 1 or condition 2.....true or false? Can you help?

Yes, our naming convention make this a little more confusing than it was in the G4 the first time you do it.  Below is how you would set up a virtual aux that activates when DI1 is on and DI2 is off.  The important bit that you probably missed is the bits I have highlighted in pink.

W3u5iCN.png

17 hours ago, Adamw said:

Yes, our naming convention make this a little more confusing than it was in the G4 the first time you do it.  Below is how you would set up a virtual aux that activates when DI1 is on and DI2 is off.  The important bit that you probably missed is the bits I have highlighted in pink.

W3u5iCN.png

So whenever this condition is valid (1 and 2 simultaneously) it will switch to the 2nd map, whenever for example the condition 2 stops being OFF and becomes ON, this virtual aux will become disabled, thus the ignition map will revert to the first one, correct? :)