Link WRX sti 2004 PnP Voltage Supply

barge

Is there any way to supply a regulated 12V to the ECU so that it maintains comms connection during cranking without messing up all the VBatt type compensations in the ECU?

Even with a stock size battery I "think" i am getting too much voltage drop during cranking to maintain comms. Unless there is a good method of logging and trigger scoping in the ECU on it's own during a crank I'd like to remain connected during cranking.

I've seen some other threads about bad grounds, starter noise, etc. All the grounding is to stock points and there's not much I can do about the factory starter.

Is this a new install or has it just started playing up?  Does it just drop comms or does it not start either?

14 hours ago, barge said:

Unless there is a good method of logging and trigger scoping in the ECU on it's own during a crank I'd like to remain connected during cranking.

You can set up ECU logging to record batt voltage so you can see whats going on during cranking without beieng connected.