Closed Loop Over Boosting

Jeffersonc

I am looking into fine tuning the boost control. I am reading the help files to get a better understanding on how closed loop control and PDI works. Have a look at my log and give me an idea what area I could look into for adjustments. 
I can see that my boost integral (%DC) goes into (-).  Whats happening exactly?

Integral is used to remove "long term offset".  So because your boost was sitting above the target for a reasonable period of time the integral tries to correct it.  -ve integral means it is reducing wastegate DC.

After a quick look at you log I notice stage 1 is never initiated, I think this means you have probably got too much proportional trying to make up for it so thats why you get the overshoot.  

The reason for the Stage 1 not working I suspect will be "stage 2 on" setting too high.  Read note below to make sure you understand how that works:

b51pbp.png

1 hour ago, Jeffersonc said:

Okay, if I understand correctly then perhaps try a stage 2 setting of 15kpa to start? 

Start at more like 50kpa. It looks like your wastegate DC table might need some work too.  Did you tune it in open loop first?

In the area I highlighted below the WG DC starts at about 33% but needs to be pulled right back to about 18% before the boost stabalises on target.  So it looks like the base table has numbers of around 30 in this area, I think you can probably manipulate the base table to get it down closer to 20% faster when boost is near target rather than relying on the closed loop to do it. 

ng51m0.png

Try this map below, be careful the first couple of times you boost it as I have changed it quite a bit so it may not behave as expected.  To take some variables out I have flattened the boost target table and made the Wastegate DC table more in line with what I would expect for closed loop control.

New setup.pclr