Help: Monsoon high side fuel pump output

AlexSavv

Hi guys,

I’m trying to trigger my fuel pump relay using Aux 6 set to High Side and High polarity.

In the fuel pump settings I have it set to prime for 5 seconds.

switching the output to test mode and nothing is happening. I’m getting 11.9v out of the AUX 6, and about 8 milliamps.

does this seem right? Trying to trigger a 30A Picker Micro Relay

When giving the relay 12v from another power source it triggers no problem. The only thing I can think of is that the monsoon isn’t outputting enough current to trigger the relay.

any help or things to check appreciated!

Sounds like your relay might be wired strangely.  Can you rig it up right next to the ECU to test your intended wiring strategy?  Usually I switch ground on my relays even if the ECU supports high side for special situations :-)

Get out your multimeter and see if the relay is getting power across the coil, see if the relay is closing the circuit when powered, see if there is actually power that the relay is switching etc.  Need more data!

image.png.985b899746e7911bfb9ddd63d34fca13.png

No no, my relay is wired perfectly fine, for HIGH SIDE!

I think the manuals and software mislead me as above, why can you select high side and high polarity if the damn function doesn’t work!

Thanks Adam for the response, just need to change the wiring to be low side if that’s the case, no big issue, still love my Link ;)

10 hours ago, AlexSavv said:

I think the manuals and software mislead me as above, why can you select high side and high polarity if the damn function doesn’t work!

Yep, depending on what ecu is connected or what basemap is loaded, PC link will hide settings that arent relevant to that particular hardware.  For instance if you have a Monsoon connected the traction control and knock control settings shouldnt be visible.  Hiding the highside drive setting was one they missed originally.  It has been fixed in 5.6.6 whenever that finally comes.

Im not sure if those notes from help file have been changed though so I better add that to the list.