Nissan R32 RB20DET - G1, Coil / Tacho info needed

archetyp3

Hey there,

A friend of mine has decided he wants to go extra period correct and dropped off a Link G1 (With Nissan sub board) for me to wire up. I've worked out everything I need to do aside from being able to use all three ign circuits for wasted spark & using the tacho output function (which seems to only be available on IG3).

Is there a way around this?

Any info would be much appreciated. 

I'm also wanting to use the standard Nissan Ignitor, is it possible to fire 2 channels using 1 ignition circuit? ie:

• ECU IG 1 ----> Ignitor 1/6 ---> Coils 1/6
  • ECU IG 2 ----> Ignitor 5/2 ---> Coils 5/2
  • ECU IG 3 ----> Ignitor 3/4 ---> Coils 3/4

Link P/N is 42133BAR & has a mfg date of 07 JUL 00.

Cheers
Bevan

Assuming that the ECU is on V4 or V5 firmware then when you set the unit up as 6 cylinder and wasted spark it will force Ig3 to be ignition and then the Aux channel will have the option of Shift or Tacho.

Internally the ECU then needs the dip switch configured to suit or on older units there is a resistor and wire link that need to be set correctly.  (we can check this if you take a photo of the ECU with sub-board removed)

On 12/3/2018 at 8:05 AM, Simon said:

Assuming that the ECU is on V4 or V5 firmware then when you set the unit up as 6 cylinder and wasted spark it will force Ig3 to be ignition and then the Aux channel will have the option of Shift or Tacho.

Internally the ECU then needs the dip switch configured to suit or on older units there is a resistor and wire link that need to be set correctly.  (we can check this if you take a photo of the ECU with sub-board removed)

Have attached a photo of main and sub board for you to take a look at.

He has also bought the cable if any firmware needs updating.

47571454_752838098405633_7451218996667351040_n.jpg

47688082_1018863774953242_1981119919445508096_n.jpg

OK she is an old one as it is pre PC tuning so will have to have a hand control to tune it. 

It is fixed for 3 channels of ignition, So tacho will be on the Aux drive if available at all. I can not find any info on the firmware as it looks to be a one off special to give 3 bar map scaling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 3:54 PM, Simon said:

OK she is an old one as it is pre PC tuning so will have to have a hand control to tune it. 

It is fixed for 3 channels of ignition, So tacho will be on the Aux drive if available at all. I can not find any info on the firmware as it looks to be a one off special to give 3 bar map scaling.

Hey Simon,

Last question on this unit (friend has located a hand controller so will just fit and see how she goes).

I was under the impression from reading through the manual that this unit would be okay to run standard Nissan injectors (non gtr) without resistors inline but scrolling to the bottom of the manual it has a diagram with a 1OHM resistor on each injector driver.

Do you know if this set up will need resistors?

Thanks for all your help.

• 2 weeks later...

It is geared to drive high impedance injectors directly, for low impedance then a ballast is needed. 

A low impedance is around 3ohms and high impedance is around 12-13ohms. 

Stock non GTR injectors should be high impedance.