Jump to content
Adza

WRXLINK V7-9 Connectors

Recommended Posts

G'day,

Looking at wiring up my Australian MY05 STI and want to confirm a couple of things before I commit.

I have a WRXLINK V7-9 and am adding IAT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, oil pressure sensor and converting to E-throttle.

Looking to use the two expansion connectors and this is my plan:

Connector 1 -

  • AN Temp 4 - Intake Air Temp sensor (Link IAT 1-8)
  • AN Volt 11 - Fuel Pressure Sensor (AEM 150 PSI stainless steel)

Connector 2 - E-throttle set up is from a MY13 STI.

  • Gnd - All sensor and E-throttle grounds
  • +5V Out - All sensor and E-throttle 5V
  • AUX 9 - Throttle 12V+
  • Aux 10 - Throttle 12V-
  • Volt 6 - Throttle Sensor 1
  • Volt 7 - Throttle Sensor 2
  • Volt 9 - Pedal Sensor 1
  • Volt 10 - Pedal Sensor 2

I still have no where to connect the Oil pressure Sensor, can the IGN pins on connector 1 be re-assigned? or should I look at connecting to the main header?

I will also be running a LINK Can Lambda and flex fuel sensor.

There is a note in the instructions not to overload the 5V output. How much is too much? I will have the E-throttle, IAT, Fuel and Oil Sensors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Adza said:

I still have no where to connect the Oil pressure Sensor, can the IGN pins on connector 1 be re-assigned? or should I look at connecting to the main header?

At the original TPS plug you will already have a 5V, gnd and a AN Volt wire, so you only need to run 1 new AN Volt and the 2 motor auxes up to the throttle body.  That will leave you one spare on the expansion for your oil press.

If you run short on AN Volt inputs in the future there's still a couple on the main header you can repurpose.  

 

6 hours ago, Adza said:

There is a note in the instructions not to overload the 5V output. How much is too much? I will have the E-throttle, IAT, Fuel and Oil Sensors.

No drama there, I would be starting to look carefully if you had more than about 15 sensors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Adamw said:

At the original TPS plug you will already have a 5V, gnd and a AN Volt wire, so you only need to run 1 new AN Volt and the 2 motor auxes up to the throttle body.  That will leave you one spare on the expansion for your oil press. 

If you run short on AN Volt inputs in the future there's still a couple on the main header you can repurpose.  

 

No drama there, I would be starting to look carefully if you had more than about 15 sensors.

Thank you for the reply Adamw,

Guess I shouldn't have ripped the TPS wiring out of the loom :( lucky I have a spare one handy. Time to undo that error.

I don't think I will get anywhere near 15 sensors so no need to worry about that.

What would you say is the best way to split the 5V and sensor ground? I was think straight out of the computer to a splice with one way heading to the engine bay and another heading to the pedal. Then in the engine bay another splice going out to all sensors.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Adza said:

What would you say is the best way to split the 5V and sensor ground? I was think straight out of the computer to a splice with one way heading to the engine bay and another heading to the pedal. Then in the engine bay another splice going out to all sensors.

Yes that will be fine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...