S10 crank sensor

S10

Hi,

I'm new in this forum

Does anyone knows how to calibrate the oem crank sensor of my 95 s10 2.2L and how to disable the second trigger. I haven't got a cam trigger, wasted spark only.

No oscilloscope available, unfortunately :(

The ECU is an ATOM 

Thanks for your answer

A breif google suggests there are potentially 2 trigger patterns used in the LN2 engine.  Early ones had an odd 6+1 pattern on the crank, GM call it "7X".  Later ones have the 60-2 or so called "58X" pattern.

We can work with the 58X pattern but from what I can see we dont have any mode that will support the 7X pattern.

58X looks like this:

34qpbh5.png

7X looks like this:

25zm0bq.png

So, first step is to confirm what you have, if it is 58X it is easy, if it is 7X I suspect it is going to need a different trigger wheel fitted to the front pulley or similar.

Thanks for your answer,

Effectively it's a 7X. I'll install a trigger at the front of the crank like you said.

How to disable the trigger 2 in PC Link ? I think that the ECU will wait a cam signal. 

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

A breif google suggests there are potentially 2 trigger patterns used in the LN2 engine.  Early ones had an odd 6+1 pattern on the crank, GM call it "7X".  Later ones have the 60-2 or so called "58X" pattern.

We can work with the 58X pattern but from what I can see we dont have any mode that will support the 7X pattern.

58X looks like this:

34qpbh5.png

7X looks like this:

25zm0bq.png

So, first step is to confirm what you have, if it is 58X it is easy, if it is 7X I suspect it is going to need a different trigger wheel fitted to the front pulley or similar.