Altezza Rs200 - a few issues.

lity

Hi 

I recently installed the the G4+  , found the following not working properly:  Where do i correct the settings in the ecu for the below following:

1) fuel gauge meter is not reporting accurately. The fuel warning came up. Upon refuelling - it max out at 35 Litres.  Altezza fuel tank capacity 60 L.   

2) Traction control  -  light blinking.  Can't turn it off.   How to disable from the ecu?

3) Snow - how do disable from the ecu?

4) heater - how to disable ?

5) idling with air con - rev is bouncing between 400 - 1500 rpm ..

thxs

1. It needs to be tuned in modelled mode for the fuel gauge to work correctly.  I have attached a map set up in modelled mode.
  2. I dont think you will be able to get the traction control working & light off, our test car didnt have traction control so I suspect there will be something missing from the data streams causing this.
  3. The snow button is connected to the ECU and can be used for other functions such as launch control etc.  It is received into the ecu as CAN DIG 1.  The lamp should still turn on and off with the button as far as I know.
  4. What do you mean by heater?  It is not controlled by the ECU.  
  5. You will need to tune everything properly before idle control will work well.

G4+AltezzaLink Turbo Modeled Fuel (2).pclr

thxs.    I  still  don't quite understand  - how  this impacts the fuel gauge reading - please can you advice further.     

Why wasn't 'modelled" made default ?    It would make sense that we would want the fuel gauge reading to report accurately ...

16 hours ago, lity said:

thxs.    I  still  don't quite understand  - how  this impacts the fuel gauge reading - please can you advice further.   

For whatever reason Toyota decided to have fuel consumption data as part of the gauge control.  I suspect it possibly varies the gauge needle to reflect a "distance to empty" rather than just a fuel level.  The only way the ECU can calculate fuel consumption is by using modelled mode so it knows fuel pressure and the size of the injectors etc.

16 hours ago, lity said:

Why wasn't 'modelled" made default ?    It would make sense that we would want the fuel gauge reading to report accurately ...

This was something we learned sometime after we designed that ECU.  I believe the ECU's have been shipping with the modelled map I attached above installed for some time now.  The current PC link still has the traditional map but that has been changed to a modelled map in the next release.  So possibly someone loaded an old traditional map back into yours?